Half-Life 2 (PC)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
    Are you playing with the FakeFactory mod installed?
    I'm not. Whenever I get the time to my PC I just boot HL2 up and away I go. I don't piss around.

It looks amazing as it is, everything on full, all vertically-synced up and free of any frame rate issues. I've not played a game this smooth in years.

I'll try the FakeFactory mod after I've clocked it. I might try an easy mode speed run in one sitting if I'm feeling brave.

Comment

I've been playing a bit more of this again. Past Ravenholm now which scares me as always! Really impressed by the mod more and more. The cinematic music especially adds so much to the atmosphere and is clearly well though out.

I have to disgree completely with any negatives about this mod. I find it perfect and the only bad things are that the high detail character models are not the same as the originals, instead they are just made to look almost similar. But hardly makes a difference in the grand scale of things.

As you said also, so nice to play a game so smoothly. That's using the mod and everything set to highest setting including v-sync. It's gorgeous.

Don't think I ever finished Ep 2 on the 360 so looking forward to getting through all that too.

Comment

Argh!! I just finished Ep2, it can't be left like that!!

Gonna check out this FakeFactory thing now.

EDIT: urrrggg... don't think I can be arsed. ><
        Last edited by dataDave; 08-06-2010, 21:06.

Comment

Why not. Just download it all and install. Easy peasy. Nothing else to do!

I need to get through this, still hooked on Battlefield online.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
            Argh!! I just finished Ep2, it can't be left like that!!
            now you understand the pain

Comment

The fakefactory mod doesn't allow achievements though, which is preety much why everyone is going back to it recently. Shame really.

Comment

^^ So sad people can't enjoy games without worrying about acheivements

Just enjoy it for what it is - an amazing improvement on an already outstanding game FFS. Play it twice if you have to!

Comment

Yeh I noticed that before I downloaded the mod but who cares. It's one of the best game series ever made so it's a joy to play through it again with some updates.

Comment

Been racking through the Xbox version of this (on my 360).
                    Currently at a lighthouse under-seige by dropships.
                    I've just done the bridge - sensational - I felt really scared wondering around on the griders. The sense of scale was top.

Comment

Sick bump,

picked the digital version of this up recently to play on the tv via microsofts latests Xbox sale, (I still have it on the pc) all was going well until I felt like I was about to lose the contents of my stomach, route canal was the culprit not sure if its the camera sway the floaty hovercraft or the low frame rate but it made me feel very ill, no game has made me feel this ill since alien trilogy on the ps1, the camera sway made me puke.

Any one else had problems with the 360 version? the pc version never made me I'll and I've played it loads.

Comment

Working...
                      X