Android recommended games and applications

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartyG View Post
    Whole load of free apps on Amazon App Store for the next couple of days. Personally, I don't know how I lived without a copy of The Muscular System Manual: The Skeletal Muscles of the Human Body prior to this day.
    Just got on this today.

Nabbed a free copy of TuneIn Radio Pro. Best global digital radio player app around, no question.

Comment

Originally posted by VR46 View Post
      Which web browser do you guys use? Chrome and previously tried Opera but they don't display pages great on my phone, has got worse over last couple of months and need to sort it now.
      Opera, been using it since Win Mo 6.5 and now Android/Win Phon 8. I find it's the best mobile-optimised browser, possibly because it's been around the longest

I don't like Chrome on Android and Firefox is a huge memory-hog and doesn't allow direct-dialing of numbers from the browser...really hate that

Internet Explorer on Win Phone 8 has come a long way, but it's still IE...and still crap overall

Opera's solid, IMO., Works best of any browser on my Sharp Galapagos, crap Chinese tablet that doesn't even run the Youtube app, Lumia 325, and Xperia Z Ultra

Comment

QuizUp appears to be good fun...suppose it's on apple too.

Helps if your Facebook friends aren't as rubbish as mine tho

Comment

Another shedload for free from Amazon this weekend, including the wonderful Lyne, which I have spent many an hour playing.

Comment

Have you ever actually bought anything on the amazon app store? I can't see it lasting much longer. At which point none of the games will work.

Comment

I'm using the silk and dolphin browsers on my kindle and both work really well. Dolphin is especially nice.

Amazon marketplace is ok.. sort of annoyed at having to sideload apps that aren't available though.

Comment

Since 2009, coders have created thousands of amazing experiments using Chrome, Android, AI, WebVR, AR and more. We're showcasing projects here, along with helpful tools and resources, to inspire others to create new experiments.

Some interesting stuff on there, and all free.

Comment

Just installed PUBG on my Samsung Galaxy 8. I'm really impressed with it. It's free. Give it a try.

Comment

What email apps are you using? MailWise is no longer supported and is now often crashing when I try to delete emails.

Comment

After testing a fair few on iPhone, I’ve found Outlook to be the best over the past few years. A cursory Google suggests it’s the same app on Android. It’s a completely different kettle of fish to the aging desktop mess, and is much better than Apple Mail or the official Gmail app.

The Focused inbox feature in particular is a real winner. Recommended.

Comment

Gmail, although they updated the look the other day and I complained about it to them 30 seconds later.

Comment

Just installed outlook. Looks good so far. Not keen on focused so have turned that off. I don't get much spam so just want to see everything. Swipe to delete is nice.

Comment

So far only complaint is that it doesn't block external images by default. Massive oversight.

Comment

Hmm. Doesn't seem to be a way of syncing all my emails. When I scroll down it says "load more messages". I just want all of them (for search). The windows outlook app allows that. Am I missing a setting?

Comment

Setup is ridiculous. If you get the password wrong it removes everything and you have to try to recreate the account all over again (I have several imap accounts on a non exchange server so it all has to be entered manually).

Comment

Working...
                                X