The New New New Xbox Experience Halo4 Dash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sketcz View Post
    Has anyone else found a fix for the missing offline icons? Does anyone not have the problem?

MS reps on twitter said I should re-install the dash update (which I'm not entirely sure how to do - it's on there, so it's not like it pops up the message "time to update" again).

Loaded the 360 up today after a while of not playing, and frankly the wall of grey icons is enough to make me put it off again. There's no joy in browsing my collection. It's just a wall of solid grey indistinctness.
    Didn't Someone already say to you that you have to connect to live to download the "album art" then it stays when you are offline?

Comment

Yes.

I went online after that, as predicted all the album art was there. I thought "excellent" and then switched it off, thinking it would be there when I turned it on again later. The album art does not stay there if you boot it up again later while offline. This is what I see:

What infuriates me with this, is that this problem is new after updating my dash. The icons were there prior to the update. I'm not imagining this. They did exist offline previously!

Comment

I've just checked mine and it does the same, last time I checked it had everything there (even the ads!111) when i wasn't connected

Comment

Update today. Took about 5 mins on my 6Mb line. Just bug fixes.

Comment

Took me less than a minute As you say, I can't see anything new on the outside. I wish they'd give better codec suport though like for mkv videos.

Comment

Here's the list of fixes

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                Update today. Took about 5 mins on my 6Mb line. Just bug fixes.
                Taken 15 already for me on a 12-15meg line and nowhere near done! I only wanted a bit of sky sports news while I ate my lunch too...

tho it is normally lightening fast so a one off slow update is not so bad...

Comment

Working...
                X