X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Egg was pretty good in this.

Comment

Originally posted by Sane View Post
      Is this going to be a full series then? For some reason I was thinking it was a mini series, dunno why. Is there a lot of source material?
      This series is only something like six episodes but they greenlit the second one before this was even out and apparently it will be twice as long. Without spoilers, the end of this series takes it up to something like a third of the source material that currently exists (that's off the top of my head without counting issues).

Comment

I was really impressed with this, looking forward to the next one already.

Comment

What I really enjoyed was how they've changed this from the comics, but in all the right ways. It kept me on my toes as to what was going to happen and they've expanded on all the right parts. For example the bits with

the opening before the titles. Because I'd recorded it I was like "BWARGH the ******* thing's not recorded the start!!!!111111111" and then laughed at myself for being a tool when I realised they were starting with a bang

- the guy in the house and the introduction of the wife who wasn't in the comics. That was handled quite well and felt like it belonged as part of the story - it didn't feel bolted on.

- the changes to him arriving in Atlanta. The bit with the helicopter and especially the tank were new and I had no idea where they were quite going with that. I honestly thought they'd bottled the bit with the horse, one of the earlier graphic moments in the comic, but then they didn't hold back in the end.

In fact the new bits certainly made up for them skimping on the scenes in the comic where he actually stumbles into the cafeteria when he wakes up and it's full of undead, or the bit when he tangles with one first hand on the stairwell.

But I like how they've kept the essential plot points in there like

the pivotal `issue` that's about to arise between Rick and Shane over Lori.

But it was even the small things, like him going back to the park to

shoot that half a zombie crawling on the floor.

When he quoted the line from the comics "I'm sorry this happened to you" it was a bit of a goosebump moment for me.

Really can't wait to see what they do with this and as a fan of the comics it's nice to see something translated on to the screen in the right manner.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
            What I really enjoyed was how they've changed this from the comics, but in all the right ways. It kept me on my toes as to what was going to happen and they've expanded on all the right parts. For example the bits with
            totally with you there Spatial.
            i think kirkmans said he wants to keep Shane alive longer in the telly show, so he felt he originally rushed that area in the comics.

i wonder how they plan to do the gore for michonnes method of zombie hunting and whether tyronne (t-dog for the tv show rename) will still wield a hammer?!

Comment

A couple of images from episode two:

I've linked to them instead of embedding them to avoid spoilers, and because they're a little graphic.

Comment

Just watched this and by god its excellent, the guy in the house with the son

, well the actor, must have been all like "I got work in a TV show"...then read the comics and was all like "I'm going on holiday!!"XD Loved the way they set up his relationship with his son!

Top stuff!

Comment

Is this on in the UK at all?

Comment

FX Fridays

Comment

Ah, cool. I'll check the FX listings and see if I can catch some repeats. Cheers.

Comment

Repeated tonight 10.00 I think

Comment

You are correct!

Comment

BT'ed a 720p recording last night and have to agree it was bloody good. I hope the budget and film like quality to it is kept throughout. Having not ever read any of the comics I heop this solves the main problem with most zombie movies. In that we never get enough time to invest into a character to care enough about them when they or their loved one gets eaten, bitten etc. This looks like as soon as your fave character gets bit or scratched you'll be bawling your eyes out lol.

Comment

I watched this last night with my wife and I loved it! She wasn't so keen as it was a little too intense and gory in places.

I've read all the comics since the first collected book so I've been following Rick's survival for years. I still was biting my nails at some bits though!

A few sensible choices to heighten tension that differed from the comics such as the scene in the house looking through the windows at night and the decision to delay seeing the zombies for the first time until later on instead of at the hospital. The matches scene was great!

It's kind of weird knowing what is going to roughly happen to the characters, but still find it exciting! I audibly gasped when

Rick turned the corner and was confronted by a street full of the undead

!

I wonder if it'll be as DARK as the comic? The Governor storyline was particularly harsh...

Am I right in thinking that the first season is only 6 episodes long and a second season with 13 episodes has been greenlit?

Darabont and Gale Anne Hurd say "yes" but AMC say "not yet"...

Egg's American accent was flawless. The special effects, especially the

horse meal

and

legless cyclist

were astonishing for a TV show, as was the level of gore.

I hope the quality of the series remains high now that Darabont's not directing. He only did the pilot and there's a different director for each of the subsequent episodes.

Kind of like the opening credits of Thundercats had this amazingly well animated intro and then the actual cartoon had 17 frames of animation for the remaining 23 minutes!
                              Last edited by QualityChimp; 08-11-2010, 09:52.

Comment

Nice video on the make-up and effects for the 'bicycle girl scene.

Comment

Working...
                                X