No announcement yet.

The Walking Dead (TV series)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Haven't watched it but it was on my twitter feed and, as chance would have it, I'm currently rereading the comics (generally fantastic but the odd missed opportunity becomes apparent) and was just at a Governor flashback point when I saw what this episode was and, yes, it is a total waste of space. Once you accept that a character has returned and in the form they have returned in, if they are changed or have learned new skills, it becomes completely pointless showing how the character got there because it stalls the story. You spend time getting back to the exact same point you were at before.

The only way I think it could have any value is if it makes you completely see their return in a different light and yet I can't think of a single example of that happening. It's treading water and that was something this show did far too often, hence me no longer watching it.

Comment

Version I was watching was corrupt and crashed VLC at 34 minutes in but it was boooooring!

Comment

You didn't miss much, just another 30 minutes of exactly the same.

Comment

I'll skip straight to next episode then

Comment

I enjoyed morgans episode

Sure it didn't have to be a doubler but it's nice to get some back story on an interesting character on why he's chosen not to kill people

Comment

Also enjoyed it. I have a feeling the events we saw post-flashback are going to be of relevance in the near future, and the back story was necessary to explain why he'd do something so stupid.

Comment

Jeffrey Dean Morgan (“The Good Wife,” “Watchmen”) will take on the iconic role of the villain Negan in AMC’s mega-rating zombie series “The Walking Dead”. Following an extensive casting search, Morgan has scored the iconic role, a frequently swearing character who is considered the darkest and most evil of Robert Kirkman’s comic series to date. […]

Actor

Dean Morgan from Supernatural, Watchmen, The Good Wife etc has been cast as Negan

Comment

He's good.

Comment

Sat down and watched Season 6A this weekend. For the first time in one flow rather than week by week.

It improves the viewing experience a lot, made it a lot easier to stick with and I feel like I can ride it out longer. Things that stuck out even more though given it was in a more digestible run?

-For all its faults the show is staggeringly superior to its spin-off
                    -It has literally no concept of how to pay off a cliffhanger ending
                    -There is a phenomenal amount of padding and very little in the way of core story
                    -It's format of splitting the characters up to follow Group A in one ep/Group B in the next/Group C in the one after needs to end as does the Find Town-Take Over Town-Lose Town endless cycle

It's like having a series of suspicions confirmed watching it in bulk. Still, in terms of this actual section of Season 6, it was fine, entertained us broadly but very little of proper importance seemed to happen.

Comment

AMC returns with the back half of the sixth season of its flagship series “The Walking Dead” shortly, and for those hoping it would offer some kind of closure in the near future – you’re in for a long wait. Speaking at the network’s TCA winter tour panel this week, AMC’s Joel Stillerman tells Vulture […]

AMC's boss says they're open to launching more spin-offs and the main show is set to run on indefinitely.

Comment

No spoilers, cracking episode to resume the season today. Best episode in a long time in fact.

Comment

No surprise that one of the biggest shows on TV is coming back but there are changes behind the scenes at the AMC zombie blockbuster

Walking Dead Season 9 has been greenlit with yet another change in showrunner

Comment

When you’re the unarguable king of TV series in terms of ratings, there’s only one direction for those ratings to go ultimately – down. Without question, AMC’s “The Walking Dead” hit its peak in terms of audience around its fifth or sixth season with the ratings for the show’s various premieres, finales and mid-season episodes […]

Maybe AMC caused the year loss of posts here to hide TWD viewing downturn shame but it hasn't worked. Returning for the second half of Season 8, the show returned with its lowest mid-season return viewing figures since way back at Season 2 and barely avoided coming in lower than that too.

Comment

Is it back on yet. Can't say this series is that great. Too many shootouts. Getting a bit daft. I'm guessing ... will ... otherwise it'll get really stupid. If that happens i fully expect a Dallas "it was all just a dream" episode.

Comment

Turns out the word losing isn't the correct term...

AMC’s zombie drama “The Walking Dead” is continuing its sharp ratings decline with the most recent episode, the second back since its mid-season premiere, drawing the show’s lowest Live+Same Day numbers since its first season. The episode drew a 2.9 rating in adults 18-49 and 6.8 million viewers, the last time the show’s rating fell […]

TWD is instead haemorrhaging viewers. The second episode of this back end S8 run had viewing figures so low they managed to fall in line with those towards the end of Season 1. The show remains the networks most watched show but the collapse of its view base bodes very poorly going forward.

Comment

Working...
                                X