No announcement yet.

[August] SNK / SNK Playmore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

know its not snk but sort of related ....really wish rumble fish 2 got a console release

oh wasent the game in the hunt done by ex snk employees ?

have to agree about real bout 2..i much preferred it to mark of the wolves

Comment

I like Mark of The Wolves a lot, but Real Bout 2 is also a very good game. In fact, for my money MOTW is a superior game to Street Fighter 3 (all versions). It managed to change almost all the primary cast of the series, but managed it a lot more successfully than it's rival.

Comment

Garou 2 was in the works and was apparently around 80% complete.

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
          It managed to change almost all the primary cast of the series
          This is the very reason why I don't like it. I can't get on with any of the charas.
          Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Originally posted by Skull Commander View Post
            I like Mark of The Wolves a lot, but Real Bout 2 is also a very good game. In fact, for my money MOTW is a superior game to Street Fighter 3 (all versions). It managed to change almost all the primary cast of the series, but managed it a lot more successfully than it's rival.
            woah, I guess it does have a fair few cooler characters in, but I'm not sure I prefer it to 3rd strike, its a considerably less deep and technical game, when I was playing it 2P a lot I could just mash backwards for a 22hit super just defend. Not much skill involved compared to say, a 22hit parry or whatever.

Its a great game though, I particularly like freeman

Comment

This was the last time I dealt with Google Chrome. Damned **** get stuck after typing a load about SNK.

Basically, I still own an AES and have quite a bit games for it. MOTW was one of them, even had the US version. I did sell it because of the big cash and because it wasn't really my thing. Its a great game, but I prefer other fighters to it. RBS and RB2 being a few (I've owned RB2 too). Although apart from the roster (Rick owns), RBS is the better of the two.

But if you'll ask me, Fatal Fury 3 is the best of the series. Its also my fave SNK cart. The game did everything right to me, it still holds a few of the best backgrounds I've seen in a 2d fighter (Hon-Fu's is mad) and the story skits were absolutely funny. But the gameplay is very good too. I found that RB went too far to the rushdown side while FFS (own that too, heh) was to archaic. FF3 is inbetween those 2. It does allow for some rushdown, but not to the extent of RB. I enjoyed this loads, and still do. Input forgiveness is kind of meh, but nothing impossible.. Not as bad as the first SNK games were.

AoF is just a crap series. I have 1 and 2 and love them for nostalgic reasons but the gameplay is simply put atrocious and absolutely no fun in 2p mode. I do play them from time to time, but don't really know why. Probably because they are mildly (and only) entertaining in single player mode. Although AoF 2's AI must die.

Another game I hold in high regard is Samurai Shodown 4. It lacks the tactical finesse of SS2, but it plays like a dream. I actually sold Last Blade (actually not that great; unbalanced and a lot of boring characters) for this one.
              Last edited by saturn-gamer; 04-08-2010, 19:41.

Comment

I enjoy it BECAUSE it's less deep

I have said this before, but I feel Street Fighter 3 managed to alienate a lot of the SFII fanbase for being overly technical. MOTW maanged to still be clever with it's just defend, but not to make things overly complex.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                  But if you'll ask me, Fatal Fury 3 is the best of the series. Its also my fave SNK cart. The game did everything right to me, it still holds a few of the best backgrounds I've seen in a 2d fighter (Hon-Fu's is mad) and the story skits were absolutely funny. But the gameplay is very good too. I found that RB went too far to the rushdown side while FFS (own that too, heh) was to archaic. FF3 is inbetween those 2. It does allow for some rushdown, but not to the extent of RB. I enjoyed this loads, and still do. Input forgiveness is kind of meh, but nothing impossible.. Not as bad as the first SNK games were.
                  I have both of the Fatal Fury compilations on the PS2, but think I have given FF3 the least time, not for any negative reasons, just as I played the others more.

Based on the above post I'm going to give it a good play over the next two days and report back

Comment

If its like the Saturn version, steer clear. Otherwise its worth it to try. Also liked the stage fatalities by the way! Great little touches.

...ACCIDENT!

Comment

oh anyone play ninja masters ? really good fighting game i thought

sengokue 3 was a class side scrolling fighter

Comment

FF3 sucks hard IMO. Only the intro is good.
                        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Thing with FF3 is that most people didn't understand it. Its kind of misunderstood like SF3, and perhaps SS3 also, to some extent. FF3 ditched lots of the old cast too. Also like SF3, the game did gather respect at a much later time too (it was being liked a lot on n-g.com iirc). Sokaku was broken though. The game introduced Super Desperation Moves, Yamazaki, Blue Mary... an actually functioning plane switching system.. And the official return of Geese.

Sengoku 3 is a good mention. Its imo the best scroller ever made, better than Final Fight etc. With some of the best music too. Liked Japan Stage's.

S3 = Sick sprites, beautiful animations and an unusual ****load of moves and juggles possible. Top game.
                          Last edited by saturn-gamer; 04-08-2010, 19:59.

Comment

Originally posted by saturn-gamer View Post
                            If its like the Saturn version, steer clear. Otherwise its worth it to try. Also liked the stage fatalities by the way! Great little touches.

...ACCIDENT!
                            It's definatly not based on the Saturn version, but I can't vouch for how much it's like the Neo Geo version as I have never played it in the Arcade or AES.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
                              FF3 sucks hard IMO. Only the intro is good.
                              AGAIN LEGENDARY MEN RETURN

Comment

Garou motw is to SNK as Third Strike is to Capcom. Both are amazing games, prefer 3s though obviously.

Comment

Working...
                                X