[August] SNK / SNK Playmore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[August] SNK / SNK Playmore

Yes, a bit general this month, but a few people wanted this so.... "New Japan Project"
    I include SNK Playmore in SNK.

What are the bestest SNK games?
    What's the best series as a whole?
    Best plot?
    Best art etc?
    How do they stack up if you play them today?
    What platforms do you play them on?

Who's playing them right now?

Last edited by charlesr; 03-08-2010, 06:22.

loved metal slug i remember when i first played it was blown away by the animation

king of fighters not sure whats my fav think probably IX for the ps2 was a really awesome game still have fond memorys of playing 97

oh have to say was amazed when i went into virgin games stores many years ago and came across a copy of kof 95 for the saturn with a ram cart ....never expected a pal release at all

i think my fav snk game though was probably last blade 2 i thought it was just amazing

Comment

yeaaa SNK woo

Comment

I'm in "Fighters on PS2" mode at the moment so I'd be up for this and also interested in which SNK fighter I should try first?

Comment

Think I'll get some Andro Dunos on. Enjoyed it when I've played it but I haven't played it all the way through yet.

Comment

Originally posted by FullSpecWarrior View Post
            I'm in "Fighters on PS2" mode at the moment so I'd be up for this and also interested in which SNK fighter I should try first?

get the last blade 2 double pack and the Fatal Fury Battle Archives Vol. 2 (think that has real bout fatal fury 2 on it )

Comment

Art of Fighting 3 is fun and a distraction from the more serious fighters out there, looks great too.
              Last edited by kernow; 03-08-2010, 17:44.

Comment

Even though i've never been particularly great at fighting games, the SNK offerings were always massively more playable to me than any of the other big names. The last blade and KOF games, I loved them all. But to me, my absolute favourite has to be Garou: mark of the wolves. Just phenomenally easy to get in to for someone as useless as me, and utterly, utterly gorgeous. Even today, when i look at it I find it to be one of the best looking games ever. Along with metal slug, the absolute pinnacles of 2D graphics from the era of the 16 bit consoles. (Ignoring the release dates of the actual games!) I sold all my NEO stuff earlier this year, but i'll admit that garou stilll gets played a lot through mame. I just didn't want a CRT in the new flat, and it's the only way to play it on a home system. Or obviously a cab. (before the arcade nuts kick in)

Comment

Always had a soft spot for Matrimelee. (Love the box-art too)

Musically fantastic, but I'm not a 2D fighting expert, so not sure how this rates with KOF e.t.c)

I just utterly loved this when I bought it (many many years later after release)

Comment

Originally posted by ikobo_1 View Post
                    Or obviously a cab. (before the arcade nuts kick in)
                    You know what to do Sonny Jim!

Comment

Originally posted by kernow View Post
                      You know what to do Sonny Jim!
                      If I had any way of getting supermonkeyball's blast city down and in to the flat, i'd be playing Garou on that soon as!

Comment

I play SNK games on almost everything they are available on, but I'm at the point where I'm thinking of ditching the AES. I have far too much consoles, and a lot of the best of it is available on retro compendiums and downloadable services.

I will miss the massive carts, but the space I can free up an entire shelf, not to mention a premium spot under the tele!

Comment

Don't do it Dave.

Comment

I played KOF '96 for the first time in years recently, and it still rocks. The great old SNK of yore...superb. And then bankruptcy and Playmore followed.

Comment

I have been playing Samurai Shodown Sen recently and while it's not totally awful, it's mediocre at best. The graphics are diabolical and it doesn't even play much like a Samurai Shodown game, instead playing out like a retarded version of Soul Calibur with a touch of Bushido Blade.

It just shows how low Playmore can take the brand

Comment

Working...
                              X