User Tag List

Page 151 of 152 FirstFirst ... 51141149150151152 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 1518

Lots of interesting facts I didnít know. For example - he has Jewish ancestry.

Thereís fascinating angles within. Heís placed within the context of being an immigrant trying to make it big in Hollywood. He tried to be inclusive - his were the first schools in the US which accepted students regardless of ethnicity. However, he was doomed to be sidelined as an Asian stereotype. James Coburn and Steve McQueen told him this, and they were his friends. He was too ĎAsianí to be a big star, yet in HK for a time it was feared that he was too ĎAmericaní to be a true success. This caused Lee a lot of anguish.

A very breezy and illuminating read.

There's an audiobook too, so I may track that down.

It also clarifies what happened in Lee’s infamous fight against Wong Jack Man.

That book sounds good. Does it mention his wife? She seems to authorise a lot of dodgy stuff in his name. Also QC, I didn't even know there was an SPL 3. That fight you posted the gif for from the original is a highlight of the film.

Prinny, I had everything in storage and it was some friends who put it away for me. I moved it out of storage but can't find most of the films you sent me. I've spotted 21 Red List but none of the others. I did lose a lot of my own stuff but I'm going to check some other time.

Off topic but I'm watching Masters of the Universe. It's got Dolph Lundgren as the star so maybe I can sneak it into this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by shinobi7000 View Post
    That book sounds good. Does it mention his wife? She seems to authorise a lot of dodgy stuff in his name. Also QC, I didn't even know there was an SPL 3. That fight you posted the gif for from the original is a highlight of the film.

Prinny, I had everything in storage and it was some friends who put it away for me. I moved it out of storage but can't find most of the films you sent me. I've spotted 21 Red List but none of the others. I did lose a lot of my own stuff but I'm going to check some other time.

Off topic but I'm watching Masters of the Universe. It's got Dolph Lundgren as the star so maybe I can sneak it into this thread.
    Dude, have a look on my Asian DVD Club list and if there's anything you want again, I can rehost or burn or whatever.

Thank man, that's very kind of you but I can't even remember half the titles! I don't want to put you through the bother, either. I've got about ten or twelve boxes to go through.

Glad to see this thread is still alive.

The Kung fu flame hath not extinguish.

I cant remember what I sent you tbh Shinobi. My stuff is scattered all over too.

Although my poster collection is in one place. Around 700 and counting.

Just in case anyone is interested Eureka / Masters of Cinema also recently released a new Blu-ray version of Iron Monkey. It's available now. I've ordered that too.

Just dipping in when I get chance in between the zillion other distractions!

I have Hard Target 2, Ice Man Cometh and Skinny Tiger, Fatty Dragon on my "next" list.