Playstation Classic announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by importaku View Post
    Arrived today, played the thing stock to see how bad it is, the game selection truly is dire. Hacked it using the beta version of the hack but it's still pretty rough but the games seem to run ok but music based rhythm games are a total nono, only tried via retroarch and not the built in emulator but playing bust a groove the input latency is too bad there's no way to play without tweaking somewhere to change the timing im hoping there is a way to change this. Parappa would be impossible to play on this thing as would vib ribbon unjammer lammy and all the bemani konami music games.

However saying that you can plug a ps4 dualshock pad in and the sticks work so i managed to play ore no ryouri, i haven't messed about too much as i might as well wait for the properly finished 1.0 version of the hack coming very soon as that will have a hell of a lot of features compared to this pre release. Spent the afternoon ripping some of my ps1 disks into bin & cue files in anticipation now have copies of yakiniku bugyou & mr domino as i could not find pre done files of these online. Well theres the usa version of mr domino but i wanted the uncensored japanese version. Seems to be very picky what usb flash drives it accepts one of mine it will not work with tried another and it works flawlessly. Am going to have to buy another drive as the one it works with is tiny and can barely hold anything.

If the hacking scene can get all the problems worked out it might actually be pretty nifty.
    If you use Bleemsync instead of retroarch, you can press triangle and select to go into the emulator menu- you can change the BIOS to use custom settings for specific things- one of which you can alter the gamespeed on bemani games with a toggle or numeric value to fix those problems in seconds.

The specific answers/games are all on the playstation classic reddit if you have a gander and a search.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
      If you use Bleemsync instead of retroarch, you can press triangle and select to go into the emulator menu- you can change the BIOS to use custom settings for specific things- one of which you can alter the gamespeed on bemani games with a toggle or numeric value to fix those problems in seconds.

The specific answers/games are all on the playstation classic reddit if you have a gander and a search.
      Thanks for the useful info, time to go a searching & read up.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
        Thanks for the useful info, time to go a searching & read up.
        I had two similar problems- one with Capcim fighters not displaying the screen properly, and one with Parasite Eve 2/Brave Fencer freezing at points. I learnt to go in and alter the game speed/bios settings for those reasons to positive results.

Bleemsync 1.0 is out this week, with massive improvements over the existing Bleemsync and Retroarch emulators - and it includes both of them, so you’re able to switch on the fly. Again, worth looking on reddit to see this list of improvements, it’s pretty massive.

Comment

Originally posted by MrKirov View Post
          I had two similar problems- one with Capcim fighters not displaying the screen properly, and one with Parasite Eve 2/Brave Fencer freezing at points. I learnt to go in and alter the game speed/bios settings for those reasons to positive results.

Bleemsync 1.0 is out this week, with massive improvements over the existing Bleemsync and Retroarch emulators - and it includes both of them, so you’re able to switch on the fly. Again, worth looking on reddit to see this list of improvements, it’s pretty massive.
          Thats what im waiting for now the proper full release so i can start going to the effort of getting box art and getting the games list im planning on adding all ready. With hacking i can see this thing actually redeeming itself, glad that there are tiny usb sticks out there that will pretty much look invisible when plugged in the hard part is finding one that will actually work as there is so much conflicting info some people reccomend a certain stick then people are saying it works then others saying they got the exact same stick & nothing.

Bloody nintendo and their high quality. Need to set my expectations a lot lower than the nes & snes mini, there are going to be some games i love that will probably not work properly. I got lucky with nes & snes as i managed to get pretty much every game i love working but on playstation it's a lot more complex to emulate i don't know if i'm going to be lucky this time especially with rhythm stuff but i am pleased to hear that it might be possible to get them working eventually.

Comment

Sandisk Cruzer blade 32gb works, and is tiny. Heard 64gb might need a powered USB hub though.

The full release is unlocking all USB sticks however, as well as the back USB port so you don’t have to use the second controller port. Also making it so it will power from a TV’s USB rather than forcing a plug adaptor.

Comment

Finally, something good to do with your PlayStation Classic

Why he didn't just use a Raspberry Pi Model 3A though I've no idea. Seems like a real arse about face way of doing things to me. Also, not using a resistor in series with that LED could end up burning the LED out - so don't just wire the LED directly to the Pi IO like he has. And you'd probably want to debounce the switches too.
              Last edited by MartyG; 28-01-2019, 19:51.

Comment

Now reduced to £50 most places, £44 if you go the Amazon-fulfilled Marketplace route.

Comment

Is there any reason to buy one over having an original PS1 with PSIO installed, running all games from an SD card? I'm guessing maybe upscaling for HDTVs without the lag maybe?

Comment

The only reason to get one is if you like how it looks and want to display it on a shelf.

Comment

I'd buy one for the USB controller but not at 50 quid.

Comment

Cost, probably.

Comment

Going for £30 from Argos currently.

Comment

eBuyer are also selling these at £30 at the moment, probably worth it at that price with the recent hacks

Comment

Do the hacks improve performance?

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
                                Do the hacks improve performance?
                                From what I've seen of AutoBleem! it would seem so, but I don't have any first hand experience of it yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X