Original Xbox upgrading Hdd questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oooh, console icons, thanks Smout.

I need some phat skins in my life man, must hunt tonight.

Comment

Just use a folder in each individual emu, you must have been having a bonkers moment to do otherwise

Comment

argh! more FTP madness in store for me then! the problem is, with Mame, FBa, Kawaksx you have the same roms.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
          argh! more FTP madness in store for me then!
          Filezilla
          Drag and drop like windows explorer.

Comment

Originally posted by smouty View Post
            It isn't softmodded
            I wouldn't have made the recommendation otherwise.
            Sorry I didn't look far enough back in the thread.

What about the renaming .xbe thing I asked about? What should the old dash .xbe you're replacing be renamed?

Must say that XBMC pic makes it look nice with those icons. Unfortunately not something I could do not having a PC to be able to downloaded all the prettiness. Perhaps if I could do that I'd feel warmer towards XBMC.

Bog standard PMIII XBMC is very dull on the eye and I've found it's still a bit clunky if you're using the Xbox purely as a games playing machine.

Under those circumstances I still reckon UnleashX as the main dash, running XBMC as an app, has much to recommend it. However it's undeniable that UnleashX, even the last version (build 584?), can't do half the things XBMC does and isn't without faults either.

Comment

Originally posted by bash View Post
              argh! more FTP madness in store for me then! the problem is, with Mame, FBa, Kawaksx you have the same roms.
              Or you could just put them into the best Emu's folder for running that title couldn't you & yes that means you have to do something! Well worth the effort imo.

Comment

Originally posted by fallenangle View Post
                Sorry I didn't look far enough back in the thread.

What about the renaming .xbe thing I asked about? What should the old dash .xbe you're replacing be renamed?
                No probs.
                The only sure way will be to know what BIOS you have loaded and check it out with its config program. For the M8 BIOS this is EvTool.
                On the v3 chips I think you can change this on the fly.
                There are normally 3 boot options that can be set + the DVD which is set to default.xbe (the fallback plan).
                The M8 I just checked has
                • evoxdash.xbe
                • avadash.xbe
                • nexgen.xbe

Comment

That's unfortunate because on the machine in question (fitted with a Xecuter 2.6) I've recently been trying to find out what BIOS it is using and no joy. I used BiosChecker and it's nothing that recognises.

The chip was professionally fitted and the gurus at xbox-scene have suggested it could well be some sort of custom BIOS configuration. I can't change it anyway as I don't have a PC.

I know I can't use evoxdash.xbe because that's what my main dash is already. I just thought there would be a universal set of suitable .xbes I could select one from, not already being used, to rename the old dash which would boot automatically if something stuffed up the new main dash.

But if it is BIOS dependent what is suitable I guess I'll just leave it as is.

Comment

The only way to identify a BIOS is by its MD5 hash. Someone only needs to change one thing in the editing tool and it will be unrecognised as the BIOS checker is just a list of known MD5s linked to a description.

Most BIOSs usually have xboxdash.xbe and evoxdash.xbe in the boot list.

Comment

I have a long list of what I assume are BIOS MD5 hashes, I think in the evox.ini. I assume this is what the Xbox itself uses to identify the BIOS. My BIOS MD5 hash obviously doesn't match anything there and going through it manually there's not even a close match.

As without this I can't get an authorative recommendation about what or even whether I should rename replaced .xbes to a recognised bootable name I'll leave it.

Comment

Working...
                      X