Gaming irks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by eastyy View Post
    One of my recent irks...playing monster hunter 4 and when the character heals he does a pose all the time which wastes time as a monster comes running at you
    That's every monster hunter game including Cross/Generations. Time it right or zone out to heal.

Comment

Yeah learning it the hard way now...still enjoying it though

oh another irk Guilty gear Xrd revelator in europe if you preorder the ps4 version you get access to the demo right away....now cynical part in me thought surely if everyone could get access to the demo then would mean more preorders ?
      Last edited by eastyy; 12-03-2016, 14:04.

Comment

I've never quite understood the logic of that, same for "exclusive" betas.

Comment

Opened up all levels now on mario kart 64 and golds on all apart from the last which I haven't attempted

There has been a few retry's I will tell you and some almost throwing the controller across the room but almost there, forgot the main screen changed when you finished it in 150cc so that was a nice surprise

Comment

NISA's pathetic Ys VIII debacle. First the poor translation, then the (still) broken PC version, now they have published a patch roadmap for the Switch version that basically says "the game comes out next week but you'll to wait at least a month to play it": crashes, incorrect handling of the sleep function, lack of Japanese voices, messed up texts.

Stay classy NISA.

Comment

HDMI priority.

I have all my devices plugged into an HDMI switcher. The PS3, WiiU and PC are fine with this arrangement.

However, the Switch and PS4 are awkward.

For the Switch, if you put one of the devices in the dock which is out of charge, for about 2 minutes, it takes HDMI priority and displays a blank screen, before reverting to whatever was last showing.

For the PS4, it takes priority when you turn it on, but it doesn't relinquish it when you turn it off. It eventually does but I'm not sure how long it takes (we're talking half an hour though).

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                HDMI priority.

I have all my devices plugged into an HDMI switcher. The PS3, WiiU and PC are fine with this arrangement.

However, the Switch and PS4 are awkward.

For the Switch, if you put one of the devices in the dock which is out of charge, for about 2 minutes, it takes HDMI priority and displays a blank screen, before reverting to whatever was last showing.

For the PS4, it takes priority when you turn it on, but it doesn't relinquish it when you turn it off. It eventually does but I'm not sure how long it takes (we're talking half an hour though).
                PS4 hdmi control only seems to work properly 100% with a Sony TV, seems totally hit and miss with other brands. My Samsung pannel worked once being turned on by the PS4 over hdmi then never again.

Which is really bloody annoying as the feature is an industry standard over hdmi and it seems to be the PS4 side that’s the problem.

Comment

Originally posted by fishbowlhead View Post
                  Which is really bloody annoying as the feature is an industry standard over hdmi and it seems to be the PS4 side that’s the problem.
                  It's doubly frustrating as the PS3 worked better; I could even use my TV remote to control DVDs. Not so with the PS4.

Comment

Originally posted by Asura View Post
                    It's doubly frustrating as the PS3 worked better; I could even use my TV remote to control DVDs. Not so with the PS4.
                    Yup. My ps3 controlled 3 different TVs I had just fine over hdmi, all different brands. Sodding PS4 though nadda.

Comment

My Panasonic never worked with PS3 or PS4, then about a year ago the PS4 started working. It's fairly reliable except there's no PS button, which is a massive omission to be fair. Still, I've got the ****ty PDP remote they released in America for that. Crying shame Sony never did an official remote for this machine. Been using the PS3 one again recently as my PS4 sounds like a computer's death throes, and I've been reminded of just how nice it is.

Comment

Hmm. Was playing Yakuza Dead Souls on PS3 earlier and realise how floaty it feels. I'm a veteran of the PS2 ones and I hoped they'd go smoother with the PS3 ones, they maybe might've touched it up a tad and added 60fps smoothness but alas no, it's quite jarring at prez as I was playing PS2 Yak 2 earlier this year and it felt less floaty.

I *KNOW* I have to give it time to settle in...

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
                          Crying shame Sony never did an official remote for this machine. Been using the PS3 one again recently as my PS4 sounds like a computer's death throes, and I've been reminded of just how nice it is.
                          For the PS4? Shame. I have the PS3 one and I was thinking of looking for one.

I can understand why... To a degree. The PS3 pad is just a bad device to use for that purpose, as it can't be set down in any orientation where knocking it won't press a button (usually fast-forward or skip-forward in my experience). Getting the remote was a big improvement for me.

Comment

It irks me these days that there aren’t enough games with mid level fights on elevator platforms heading to the top of skyscrapers. I want the main protagonists goons coming at me in repeated waves, yet with different coloured outfits to stop me just thinking I’m only repeatedly fighting the same people. Though I then want these rainbow infused attacks to be periodically broken up by me having to vanquish all previous mid teir henchmen once again just to show them who’s Boss.

Modern gaming just lets me down on that front.

Comment

Comment

The DS4 also sucks for that purpose though. The light is ridiculously bright for film viewing in a darkened room and the pad's battery life is very short.

There is an 'officially licensed' PDP remote for PS4 which was released in the US only. I have that, but it's not very good at all. The Xbox has an official remote which looks much better.

Comment

Working...
                                X