Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Uncharted: Drakes Fortune

Ahoy, squirts! Quint here. I've been waiting for someone to do a real deal adaptation of a video game in order finally dispel any thought that any video game adaptation is inherently shitty. Video games are just like comic books, novels or...

Seems to be a decent crew being assembled though the casting will make all the difference. Still, it's coming, presumably yet another film for the 2012 lineup.

*crosses fingers and toes*

Who would you like to see cast, crazy?

It would have to be an everyman.

Comment

It's a really old fan choice and would never happen but I could definately go for Nathan Fillion being cast in the role, he's pretty much spot on for it. My main concern is that they go too young, I could see studios going for a Ryan Reynolds type which wouldn't be right for the character.

Comment

Quite a coincidence, that's exactly who I was thinking of!

Comment

Nathan Fillion IS Nathan Drake. Anyone else in the role and i'm just not interested.

Comment

It should make for a good film the game clearly took inspiration from Indianna Jones, Romancing the stone tomb raider etc, so it'll be nice to have another film of that genre.

As for Casting if it's Sony/Columbia picture., it'll be a big hollywood name, I can't see them going to anyone too obscure., they are trying to grow the franchise.

Comment

Seeing how well Jake Gyllenhal did with Prince of Persia, im sure Sony will make the right choice.

...oh wait...

Comment

My first guess would be Ryan Reynolds for who'd be most likely to be cast.

Comment

**** no...

Comment

I'd imagine he'd be quite good as he did mischievous quite well as deadpool.

Dane cook would be quite good too, and it would be a be quite ironic as he is basically Cliffy B's acting clone.

Comment

I think Matthew Fox should play the lead role.

Comment

I think Matthew Broderick should play inspector gadget

Comment

They've got a fantastic director. A great start

So you can immediately count out Clooney, lol. Russell may go with Wahlberg, having worked with him a few times before, but hopefully not - nothing against the guy, he just isn't this character. Given Russell likes to work with the same people, he may ask Christian Bale. I think that's a fine choice, and Bale could use a light hearted role where he's not growling every line. Suspect schedules would clash with Batman 3 though.

I'm hoping they go late thirties for the role, not early twenties. Bradley Cooper? He's a growing star, has the right look and charisma for the role.

Comment

If they wanted to keep it the same as the game, they'd have to pick someone like Nolan North, who's everywhere.

Which means...

Comment

Chris Evans or Jensen Ackles?

Ackles would be good.
                              Last edited by rmoxon; 09-10-2010, 17:44.

Comment

Working...
                              X