X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pimp your own Stuff Thread

Pimp your gear here.
    Last edited by Neil; 23-01-2011, 12:02.

fivehundredaday.co.uk, in which I attempt to write 500 words a day.

Comment

Hi All,

Hope you are all well! Me and some of my friends organise club nights in London with proceeds going to Charity. (This event is on 29/10/2010 - Alaween II - Hidden, Vauxhall).

If you want to read about the event then please visit: www.wearealan.com
      Or indeed check out the FaceBook Event: http://www.facebook.com/#!/event.php...35472159828288

Not sure if any of you are interested in this type of thing but I can assure you if you like clubbing and BASS then these nights are great, good vibes & amazing people!
      The event also has a room hosted by:
      ••••
      --Fully Playable Retro Arcade Room (upstairs in blue room) - Hosted By Handbaked Arcade

The Hand Baked Arcade will be providing a fully playable retro arcade installation for this event. Across 4 screens you will be treated to a nostalgic gaming haven! Expect to be in awe over the likes of Sonic on the Sega Mega Drive, Street Fighter 2 on the SNES as well as Pacman and Space Invaders on a 2 player arcade cabinet and alot more to boot. Be prepared to lose yourself and quite possibily your friends once this space is found!
      ••••

Friday 29th October
      -10pm - 6am
      -@ Hidden, Vauxhall, London, SE11 5EQ
      -£6 Ltd Early Bird (ON SALE NOW @ WWW.WEAREALAN.COM), £8 ADV otherwise, £10 OTD Before 12pm, £12 After
      -HALLOWEEN FANCY DRESS!!! This one is easy and NAAAAAASTY!!! ...Damn Straight ... but don't do your face paint! Let us do it instead - We've got a dedicated team doing it ALL NIGHT for Charity!!!

If anyone has any questions regarding this then feel free to message me on here or indeed e-mail me: [email protected]

Hope to see some of you there,
      Luke & The Alan Crew xxx
      Last edited by Himura Kaji; 21-10-2010, 15:08.

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
        Just made the fiftieth post on my site. That's more than 25,000 words, feels like a pretty cool achievement

Comment

100th post!

Nobody but me have owt to pimp?

Comment

My Retro Reviews

Hi guys, I have finished retro reviews on Ghostbusters and Super Mario World, two of my favorite games. You can check them out here www.norwichretrogaming.co.uk/reviews please let me know what you think!

Comment

Revamping my website > check it out?

Hi all.

First, without any rambling... here is the current state of the site: http://timloram.me.uk/

I still have a ton of work to do... basically the only pages that are *mostly* complete are the "homepage" and the "about me" page.

I am (as we speak) knocking together the contact me page and reworking the text on the about me page... in preparation for sending out some job applications very shortly (need to find something by end of March)!

Thoughts?

(BTW feel free to try out the newsletter signup form at the bottom of every page... if you don't want to put in your real address just use something like "[email protected]".

Cheers all.

Comment

Just an update on how and where you can buy my eBooks:

The Dinner Party (horror)
                The Apprentice (fantasy)
                Game Boy (gaming!)

Previously, they were only available on Smashwords, which required registration, I think; but you can now also buy them direct from:

iBooks (on your iPod Touch, Ipad or iPhone)
                Diesel
                (Sony) Reader estore
                Kobo

End of self-publicising announcement... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
                  And I'm up to 150 posts. Amaze.

That's over 75,000 words, maths fans.

Comment

Honest to goodness genuine humans. 100% human mostly guaranteed - http://genuinehumans.blogspot.com/

Edit: Nobody actually reads this thread except those actually doing the pimping, right?
                    Last edited by Dogg Thang; 15-03-2011, 16:52.

Comment

Hah. That period drama one...
                      Tescos are doing tampons in chocolate eggs at the moment. It's for the Easter period only.

Comment

Heh, very good!

Comment

Hello!

For the three people who read this thread :-), I've written another novel, and it's available now in ebook format. It's a science fiction story called MAX, and this is the promotional blurb:

"A dystopian society on the brink of revolution; a population chipped, regulated and drugged into submission; an overpopulated planet defined by the One Mother, One Child policy... Into this world a baby is born: a child with the power to change everything."

And here's the first review I've received for it on Smashwords (which is nice, because I only published it a couple of days ago):

"An imagined world which goes beyond Orwell and Wyndham, drawing inventively on the ways we sacrifice freedom for convenience. Are we already choosing to be controlled so we no longer need to think? By tearing off society’s sugar coating the author paints a future which is all about now. Incisive, intricate, chilling and moving. Highly recommended." (5 stars).

It's available in pretty much every format for every device going, including mobi (Kindle), epub (Stanza), lrf (Sony Reader), pdb (Palm), as well as PDF and rich text formats. You can buy it or download a sample here: http://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/GordonHoughton

Also, to celebrate the release of MAX, all my other books on Smashwords are on sale at half price for one week! Use the following coupons:

The Dinner Party: GP88Q
                          The Apprentice: ZF63W
                          Game Boy: LQ28S

Cheers
                          Gordon

Comment

Sounds good. I'll give that a go soon as I've finished with this never-ending Stephen king book.

Comment

What happened to the old thread?

Anyway, I'm available for making websites (or any kind of development work really). Did this one for our very own Dogg Thang:

Note that I have no real creative skill though. All the artwork on the above site was already provided.

Comment

Working...
                              X