No announcement yet.

Sony Trinitron KV-14T1U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.bordersdown.net/showthrea...this-a-good-TV <-- thats the thread dude, if that helps

Comment

Cheers mate! Will try this out tonight.

Comment

I use one of these for my retro gaming and I've done something a bit daft. I had the TV in service mode today when there was a knock at the door. I returned to the TV only to find that my 6 year old daughter had picked up the controls and moved a few of the settings.

So I want to return it to the default settings but I can't find anything on the net so I was wondering if someone could go into the service mode on their TV and let me know what the settings are.

To enter the service mode, put the TV into stand by mode by pressing the green button on the remote. Pressing the [i+] button (last on the number pad), pressing the 5 button, the + button for volume, and then the teletext button. Then it will show the "TT", and once that happens pressing the menu button should bring up the menu.

Cheers

Comment

Can anyone tell me which remotes will work with this telly?

Trying to find one on eBay: http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_nk...at=0&_from=R40

The friend who gave me the telly is still looking for his!

Comment

RM-836 is supposedly what it came with. Try using a spare Sony remote if you have one lying around though- I have three different types and they work with all of my Sony sets.

Comment

Cheers. I don't have any Sony Remotes, so found one of those for under ?4.

Comment

Originally posted by Swainy;2017413
                So I want to return it to the default settings but I can't find anything on the net so I was wondering if someone could go into the service mode on their TV and let me know what the settings are.

To enter the service mode, put the TV into stand by mode by pressing the green button on the remote. Pressing the [i+
                button (last on the number pad), pressing the 5 button, the + button for volume, and then the teletext button. Then it will show the "TT", and once that happens pressing the menu button should bring up the menu.

Cheers
                I have this TV and I dug out the remote. Problem is the numbers have worn off the remote (I just usually use the buttons on the front of the telly). I fiddled around, but I couldn't get it to work. - At what point is the TV supposed to come out of standby?

Here's my remote - if you can point out which buttons I need to press etc, I can give it another go.

Comment

Cheers mate.

Once you've put the TV into stand by mode by pressing the green button on the remote, press these buttons in order one at a time (but quickly) and once you've pressed the 4th button, the TV should come on and go into TT mode.

Comment

Ignore any misspellings as the screen is quite flickery in that mode for me and was hard to determine what all the words were. The numbers were easier to read!

First:
                    16:9 Off
                    System UK
                    Text West
                    AGL 55
                    PLL 45

Then selecting adjustments:

Red HWB 29
                    B&W Delay 00
                    Ver Size 22
                    Ver Breadth 00
                    Pin Ampl 00
                    Par Tilt 32
                    V Linear 32
                    Corn Corr 00
                    Vcen Ew 22
                    V Pos 50
                    H Centre 39
                    Blue HwB 19
                    Green HWB 19

Then it loops back round to the start!

Comment

I've been fiddling with my one now I have a remote. One PITA is that you can't alter the values unless you have a PAL device connected and the centring is different for NTSC/PAL meaning lots of flicking back and forth to get it right for my HK N64!

I notice that there's a whole heap of overscan (more image than visible). If I wanted to maximise the visible image, which controls should I alter, and how would I go about keeping the geometry correct?

I used a test card from the net and that suggests that the geometry is only slightly out presently (squares different sizes at different points by a few millimetres).

Comment

Originally posted by sincil View Post
                        Ignore any misspellings as the screen is quite flickery in that mode for me and was hard to determine what all the words were. The numbers were easier to read!

First:
                        16:9 Off
                        System UK
                        Text West
                        AGL 55
                        PLL 45

Then selecting adjustments:

Red HWB 29
                        B&W Delay 00
                        Ver Size 22
                        Ver Breadth 00
                        Pin Ampl 00
                        Par Tilt 32
                        V Linear 32
                        Corn Corr 00
                        Vcen Ew 22
                        V Pos 50
                        H Centre 39
                        Blue HwB 19
                        Green HWB 19

Then it loops back round to the start!
                        Top man! Thanks very much for that!!!

Comment

No worries. Glad to help.
                          This telly has a fantastic picture, lovely and crisp, brilliant colour even making composite bearable. My SNES with RGB scart at 60Hz etc all look bang-on. Bargain for ?3 from a boot sale a few years back

Comment

Yeah I used to have one in the 90's that I used on my first PlayStation but I gave it away when I moved house. However since I started collecting retro consoles again I needed something with decent picture and I was lucky enough to be given another one a few months back.

Comment

Hey! Ok I hope someone sees this post even though it's a month after the most recent one.

I just purchased the TV in question from eBay so that I can hook up my N64 again. I only have the default connection that the 64 came with (I don't know the technical term for it, but it's basically an aerial wire).

I was wondering if anyone could help me out with how to get it working? I'm not sure that I am tuning the channels properly, so if anyone has any advice on that, or more specifically, if anyone has a 64 hooked up to one of these TVs any help would be very much appreciated!

Thanks

Comment

My suggestion would be to use a GameCube composite cable and use composite.

PVMs don't have a tuner so you cannot use RF.

Comment

Working...
                                X