Sony Trinitron KV-14T1U

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sony Trinitron KV-14T1U

Hi, has anybody had one of these before? I was thinking about getting one for my PS1, and I can get it for cheap. How is this TV set for games on older systems such as this?

It's a fantastic set. I still have one at my parents that I'll be picking up when we move somewhere bigger.

I used it for my Super Famicom, Mega Drive, PC Engine, Neo Geo, PS1 & PS2 and the picture was superb, especially through RGB.

Comment

The one you are taliing about is the same as this:

Right?
      Last edited by Colin; 16-11-2010, 16:29.

Comment

I hope this isn't just a way of you posting your ebay listing on the forum, so i've replaced your link with a pic of the same model you mention.
        Last edited by Colin; 16-11-2010, 16:30.

Comment

No, I wouldn't do that since I'm thinking about buying one lol, not selling it. But sorry about that anyway.

I just wanted to confirm with FamiDude that we were taling about the same TV. Now I just await his response.

Comment

No worries mate, just looked a little iffy two posts in. The pic will make it easier for you to get your answer from Famidude anyway.

Comment

yeah, that's the model. Only thing you will have to look out for is the image being pushed over to one side, but there is already a thread on here that can sort you out with that little problem.

Comment

Thanks. Which thread would that be?

Comment

Comment

Ah. I saw that one but wasn't so sure that what was said there would apply to this set.
                    Last edited by Elijahone; 16-11-2010, 17:38.

Comment

I'll be referring to that thread when we move and I actually get my own gaming room and can set up my Mega Drive & SNES.

Comment

I just bought it, and the picture looks great. Better than the other Philips set that I had. Even composite looks OK through it. Is this all normal for one of these?

Comment

Yeee composite can look good on a set with strong scanlines.

Comment

And RGB even better. >:3

Comment

Just picked one of these up, how do you adjust the overscan? The thread linked to a few posts earlier has vanished, according to Google.

Comment

Working...
                              X