PC Engine game recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by noobish hat View Post
    Splash Lake on CD is a tremendously fun action puzzle game which I don't think I've ever heard anyone mention.
    Yep great little game and should be rather cheap as well.
    For some reason it doesn't come up that much in conversations.

Another one that barely anyone seems to mention, but I personally love is Gomola Speed.

The game is a lot more fun than it looks in videos though.

Be sure to put Alien Crush and Galaga 88 on the list as well.

Last edited by meppi; 16-11-2010, 13:21.

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
      Batman
      This. Great little game with fantastic music:

Comment

Son Son II. Pure gaming magnificence.

Comment

I've got Super Star Soldier, Soldier Blade & Rondo of Blood on ebay at the mo. LMK if you fancy any and we'll cut a deal?

Comment

Was going to make a new thread about this, but I recall making one of these years ago.

Was wondering if anyone had any more recommendations to add? Just put Splatterhouse on my Turbo Everdrive so I'll give that a little play. Heard great things.

Comment

Another Vote for Splash Lake. From memory it's CD though.

Comment

Another vote for Galaga88. Love that game!

Comment

Adventure Island (which is Wonder Boy 3 : Dragons Trap) is brilliant, its one of the best SMS games and excellent, though slightly redrawn sprites on the PCE. Bikkuriman world (Wonder Boy 2) is also good - and redrawn....licenses I think.
                  Devil Crash is my fav, not cheap, but not too ridiculously priced.

Comment

Three pages in and still no shout for the mighty Parasol Stars?

Comment

Gekibo: Gekisha Boy. Such an excellent game. The PS2 sequel is pretty good too.

Comment

Originally posted by Nu-Eclipse View Post
                        Three pages in and still no shout for the mighty Parasol Stars?
                        Parasol Stars is a great game, great indeed

Comment

I'm going to resurrect this bad boy today as I was just wondering what scrolling beat em ups people recommend?

I have Vigilante already so anything else will be appreciated.

I am looking at Hu-Card only as I doubt I'll ever be adding a CD-Rom to my set up as they are just too dear now.

Thanks in advance

Neil

Comment

Scrolling and Hu-Card only? I can only think of two others, The Kung Fu/China Warrior (not that great) and Splatterhouse (excellent, not arcarde perfect) which has the same mechanics as Irems Vigilante and Kung fu Master. I remember seeing pics of The Kung Fu in old C+VGs thinking it looked amazing with the huge sprites, but when you play it, it's really basic with little variety.
                            Last edited by devilcrush; 12-01-2015, 14:54. Reason: grammar

Comment

Totally love The King Fu, deffo underrated cheapie in my book. Cant deny it is basic though.

Comment

Originally posted by devilcrush View Post
                                Scrolling and Hu-Card only? I can only think of two others, The Kung Fu/China Warrior (not that great) and Splatterhouse (excellent, not arcarde perfect) which has the same mechanics as Irems Vigilante and Kung fu Master. I remember seeing pics of The Kung Fu in old C+VGs thinking it looked amazing with the huge sprites, but when you play it, it's really basic with little variety.
                                Originally posted by Baseley09 View Post
                                Totally love The King Fu, deffo underrated cheapie in my book. Cant deny it is basic though.
                                Thanks guys.

Well I got Kung Fu from Colin with the PC-E & Splatterhouse was my first purchase so I think I'm covered then lol

I will try to find Ninja Spirits at a reasonable price though
                                Doubt I can afford Gaiden to go with it though.

For some reason I really thought there were more.
                                I know there is a version of Shinobi but in my mind I kind of assumed it was a bit more like the NES/Master System & even the Speccy etc. & had loads.

Thanks for the input guys

Neil

Comment

Working...
                                X