Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ninja Warriors:
    [hide][/hide]

All the other examples you already have or are Super CD like Renny Blaster, Kaze Kiri, Double Dragon II, Ane-san, Crest of Wolf and Galaxy Deka Gayvan.

How about buying this, Soundwave?

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
      The Ninja Warriors:
      [hide][/hide]

All the other examples you already have or are Super CD like Renny Blaster, Kaze Kiri, Double Dragon II, Ane-san, Crest of Wolf and Galaxy Deka Gayvan.

How about buying this, Soundwave?

Thanks QC

WOW that link is awesome, definitely getting one of those & the Speccy stuff looks interesting too so will probably DL some of them too

Neil

Comment

Hmm I think Altered Beast may be a Hu Card release too, dont know if its any good though.
        Ninja Spirit is superb on the pce, (Irem were on a roll) its tough though there is a mode where its not one hit kill.

Ninja Gaiden I was after for a while, however I was able to have a go via an everdrive and I was disappointed with the controls. Its seems unresponsive which turns to frustration due to nasty enemy layout and unlimited respawn. Definitely have a play before you shell out for it.

If you are going the route of those games, then Jackie Chan is pretty cool and worth considering too

Comment

I've probably said it already in this very thread, but Ninja Spirit is really worth a go, one of my favourites on the PCE

Comment

Originally posted by jonathan_ingram View Post
            I've probably said it already in this very thread, but Ninja Spirit is really worth a go, one of my favourites on the PCE
            Testify!

Comment

Ninja Spirit is amazing, but the final boss is ludicrous IIRC.

Comment

Devilcrush already mentioned that Wonder Boy In Monster Land rebadge but it's an awesome version, miles better than MS version, should be dirt-cheap for card-only, spent all of Xmas '89 caning this, musta clocked it 40+times and discovered all the secret cash drops!!!

Comment

Blasphemy! I think the MS version looks nicer.

Comment

At least the MS version doesn't framed weirdly by the status bar.

Comment

Hey, hey, hey, nah, hey...MS version's aces but I just feel PCE vers felt chunkier, less flickery, generally just 'hit the spot' for me, and you can't dispute it's still an ace version, much better than the horrid Amiga cackfest. MS version is pretty impressive, ace conversion and one of the best games on the machine.

Comment

I happened to have 600 Wii points on my Wii when I realized I could transfer my data to the Wii U and fortunately it was exactly enough for normal TurboGrafx-16 games, so I got Soldier Blade. What an amazing little shmup. Star Parodier is also available but it got me thinking... What's the most economical way to play PC-Engine/CD games on original hardware? I was looking at Turbo Duos and they're around 400 euros, which is insane, as that would be the most compact system for these games.

Tips?

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
                          I know there is a version of Shinobi but in my mind I kind of assumed it was a bit more like the NES/Master System & even the Speccy etc.
                          Actually it's a lot closer to the arcade version, although it does lack the bonus stage.

The best home conversion IMO. Master System fans, feel free to berate me.

Comment

PCE Shinobi feels very similar to the arcade but is full of shocking omissions, bonus stage, entire levels, even close-up attacks iirc, definitely disappointing but plays lovely, MS version gets brownie points for basically having more game on the cart!

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
                              I happened to have 600 Wii points on my Wii when I realized I could transfer my data to the Wii U and fortunately it was exactly enough for normal TurboGrafx-16 games, so I got Soldier Blade. What an amazing little shmup. Star Parodier is also available but it got me thinking... What's the most economical way to play PC-Engine/CD games on original hardware? I was looking at Turbo Duos and they're around 400 euros, which is insane, as that would be the most compact system for these games.

Tips?
                              PC Engine Duo R. Bought mine from briareos_kerensky earlier last year complete in box with Arcade Card Duo for like ?170 shipped which was a steal! Installed a lovely RGB amplifier and now, combined with my Turbo Everdrive I can play absolutely any PC Engine title, given that it has no copy protection for CD stuff. To actually buy some of the more desriable CD stuff? Nah, way too costly.

Comment

Emulation it is.

In the future I will invest in this system. I think PCEngine/TurboGrafx is becoming more popular at the moment, so let's see if prices start rising. I find it to be a great system that just didn't get any traction in the west which is now becoming popular because of our generation who missed out on many of the excellent games on the system. Also, the CD games with audio are excellent.

Preaching to the choir...

And congrats on getting a steal on the Duo. Awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X