Elder Scrolls V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by crazytaxinext View Post
    Strained on Xbox though it was I quite liked Morrowind but Oblivion for me just didn't do it. It always felt far too generic and repetitive
    Aye, Morrowind was ace.

Oblivion basically took all the cool technical stuff out, dumbed it down, made it idiot proof, and hey presto, instant disappointment.

Where was the flying? The spells of mark and recall to aid robbing the imperial vaults? The scrolls of divine intervention? The ability to create your own wacky spells with wacky names? Where was the clever architecture, like the Telvanni mushroom towers? Or the Nords cold watery tows?

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
      Wondefull news, and i'm not suprised if they have been working on it since the end of Oblivion.

I wonder if Bethesda will build a brand new engine, or take id Tech 5 and modify it to their needs?
      I really hope so. Megatexture will open the world up, make the landscape infinitely better than repeated textures. Plus of course they'd have Carmack on hand to get the engine doing the stuff they probably don't have in it yet - trees and grass.

So excited, like many here, Oblivion is one of my top games this gen (possibly even top).

Comment

All I want is an improved levelling system, the whole 'efficient levelling' thing almost killed the game off for me.

What's the point in having major skills if you have to focus on your minor ones?! Or even worse, complete the game at level 1!

Comment

Woot! I've wanted this for years! And I never played Morrowind until recently. I bought it in the steam sale, and the animation/graphics are just too awful for me to want to bother with it. Hopefully this will be out within the next year

Comment

well morrowind the atmosphere i really liked....but the combat was a real bug bear not proper realtime combat

Comment

Originally posted by Synthesthesia View Post
              Woot! I've wanted this for years! And I never played Morrowind until recently. I bought it in the steam sale, and the animation/graphics are just too awful for me to want to bother with it. Hopefully this will be out within the next year
              I personally can't see it appearing within the next year, no official announcement yet plus this game will have years of full time development no doubt. I would love to be proven wrong though and they've secretly been working away on it.

Comment

I'll be amazed if this hits before late 2012.

Comment

Originally posted by Number45 View Post
                  I'll be amazed if this hits before late 2012.
                  I've got a lot of time then to finish

This is sounding like us asking santa for xmas presents but I'd REALLY like more voice actors, a lot of different maybe random dialogue, characters holding grudges because of previous quests (could be game breaking, I'm sure it could be done in some way tho), being treated different depending on your race and/or guild (there was a bit of this in Oblivion but nowhere near enough). I'd love to sneak into a town a night because my race was deemed forbidden.

Any ideas where in the world it'll be set?
                  Last edited by stainboy; 25-11-2010, 11:29.

Comment

Launch Nov 2011.

And called Skyrim. I'm sure we can all make dodgy jokes

Comment

bleh, no game footage.

Hoping they fix some of the faults with oblivion (enemies levelling with you making levelling pointless, bugs, STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM). Looking forward to this though.

Comment

About bloody time! The new fallouts are no where close to as good as the Elder Scrolls series.

Comment

Originally posted by abigsmurf View Post
                          STOP RIGHT THERE CRIMINAL SCUM
                          ughhh .. memories flooding back.

Comment

Stop There [sky]rimmer!

Comment

Fair enough, the teaser shows nothing (Apart from obviously the location) but I can't wait for this. The newer Fallout games seemed so far behind Elder Scrolls II & IV which are the only two I've played.

They wouldn't actually need to change much for me, I do prefer the older method where enemies don't level up but I know some people found that frustrating.

Comment

Arrrrgghhhh HYPETRAIN!!! oh my god I'm so excited now. Arguably my favourite game this generation. I actually didn't expect this to come this gen now especially only next year at such short notice so that's good news I guess. As long as it's as epic as it should be and not Elder Scrolls 4.5 instead of a fully fledged uber sequel.

We can update the thread title now.

Comment

Working...
                                X