No announcement yet.

Elder Scrolls V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Entirely new engine, better variety and stronger structure than ES4 and I'm in

Comment

A respectable framerate would help too. I loved (past tense) ES4 but the framerate was a joke.

Comment

Indeed, I would love to play Skyrim with a (near enough) solid 30fps on PS3 and 360. If they could prioritize framerate first, and then visuals, it will help they game during it's post release ageing process.

I loved and still love Oblivion, but going back to it now on consoles is fairly tough.

Comment

I dont think theyll make the game worrying about how well it will age. As long as it impresses enough to get sales in its lifetime is all that matters.

If you wanna play old games that age well you really wanna do it on PC with such a vibrant mod community now adays.

Comment

PC's cost me a lot of money, especially when almost every developer nowadays makes games primarily for consoles. Not only that, but Oblivion is such a large and brilliant game that I always want to revisit it, but every year it has dampened my fond memories only due to performance issues.

Yet a game like Resi' 2, or Half Life 2 which runs beautifully on consoles; I can still go back too today with no issues about the visuals, because they technically run well.

Not only that, but having a more consistent frame rate on release is always good.

Comment

Indeed, it's only the framerate that keeps me from returning to it. It's such an expansive and beautiful world but the performance issues kill the experience and any sense of suspended reality.

Comment

I went back recently and played through all the DLC. The frame rate didn't even enter my mind. Is it really that bad?

Comment

I don't usually care about framerate too much (I ain't one of those who insists every racing game or shoot 'em needs to be 60fps) but I genuinely find Oblivion's awful to the point of ruining the game for me.

Comment

I can honestly say it never bothered me the 140 hours I played it for on 360.

Comment

I can't remember any framerate problems , it can't be that bad if I have no recollection of it

Comment

I'm playing it at the moment, on 360. It makes compromises on the graphics front to keep the framerate up, and it can be occasionally choppy, but it's not desperate. I always preferred it on the 360, even with a heavily modded PC version as an option, just because at the time I thought it controlled a lot better on a pad.

Have to hope I can finish IV before V comes out. I think I've got about 60 hours across the two versions and I've barely scratched the main quest.

Comment

Maybe it's been patched (again) since I last played it? Maybe I'm being overly picky? Alas, the latter probably holds more truth...

Comment

As cavalcade says, the graphical quality is dramaticaly reduced to make the framerate stable on all versions. I don't remember ever encountering problems. It was pop up, poor textures, stuttering when loading, things like that,

Comment

New engine: http://www.computerandvideogames.com....php?id=280174

Comment

bit suprised its a new engine would have thought they would have refined the original (like they did in fallout 3) as every new engine has been for newer hardware

Comment

Working...
                                X