Elder Scrolls V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Elder Scrolls V

It's beginning to float around that the next Elder Scrolls game is in development. Rumor is that it's not on the next generation of consoles and it's been worked on for some time.

Oblivion is right up there with Mario 64 as the best game ever made in my eyes, so I can't wait to see how Bethesda tackle the next game in the series.

I can say it is on the existing platforms, which we're really happy with. You almost feel like you have a new console when you see the game.

Bethesda Game Studios is hard at work on the fifth game in the Elder Scrolls series, according to a new report. It's a …

This is the least surprising news ever.

Still looking forward to it though.

Comment

So pumped for this now, been playing through Oblivion again this month and it still gives me the same feeling of excitement as it did when I first played through it.

Comment

Strained on Xbox though it was I quite liked Morrowind but Oblivion for me just didn't do it. It always felt far too generic and repetitive so I'll be interested to see what they do for this one as after ES4's success and the Fallout games plus the time they've no doubt been working on it they should be able to make ES5 something special. The engine will be of interest too as Bethesda stick with their engines far too long so hopefully it's a decent one this time as we're stuck with it when it's here

Comment

a much more refined version of oblivion would be ideal....the shivering isles addon was really good and was a bit closer to morrowind

work on making better characters....more varied quests and locations and more unique items

Comment

Originally posted by Wools View Post
            Oblivion is right up there with Mario 64 as the best game ever made in my eyes, so I can't wait to see how Bethesda tackle the next game in the series.
            Totally agree with that. No game has managed to pull me in to its artificial world as well as Oblivion did.

Once I got really engrossed in it I felt like I really was wandering through the forests, looking for old ruins to loot for treasure, rather than feeling like I was playing a game where I was doing those things.

Comment

Hope they update the character models or I'll have to play a Khajiit again

Comment

Fallout's character models were better than Oblivion's, so I'd hope a new engine will allow them to make more progress here too.

Comment

It'll be interesting, the Western RPG genre has changed a bit further since Oblivion was released. They initiated the simplification of all the number based stuff, but Fallout and Mass Effect have gone on to evolve the genre further.

Comment

I really need go back and finish all the guilds then despite having the game for 4 years. It'd be nice to see it in HD at last as well.

Comment

Wondefull news, and i'm not suprised if they have been working on it since the end of Oblivion.

I wonder if Bethesda will build a brand new engine, or take id Tech 5 and modify it to their needs?

Comment

All the hints seem to suggest they've been developing a new engine alongside the work on Fallout3, and that this new game is quite far along already but they've kept it quiet to not distract any PR from New Vegas. Probably too late to use any of id's stuff.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilBoris View Post
                          They initiated the simplification of all the number based stuff, but Fallout and Mass Effect have gone on to evolve the genre further.
                          I believe the word you're looking for is degenerate.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
                            All the hints seem to suggest they've been developing a new engine alongside the work on Fallout3, and that this new game is quite far along already but they've kept it quiet to not distract any PR from New Vegas. Probably too late to use any of id's stuff.
                            Sounds about right, Zenimax only bought them about a year ago. and I doubt the technical director and engine programmers haven't been doing nothing for the last few years.

In the latest Bethesda podcast, they had the lead level designer for Oblivion and Fallout, and he joked about doing nothing since 2008, just sitting at his desk.

Comment

Part of me wants this to be a launch title for the next wave of consoles, the other part of me is OH MY GOD GIMME NOW!!!

CTRL+F "trophy patch"...

Comment

Working...
                              X