No announcement yet.

Robopocalypse : The thread of the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The stuff in this thread is scary. Once seen it cannot be unseen.

Comment

I find it amazing and somewhat spiritual that we not only have this desire to create, but have become so damn good at it. I don't believe in God but, if you want to look to the world and find evidence that supports the idea of a creator, well, it's us and what we do. In a thousand years, we might be creating whole worlds more complex and more mystifying than the one we live in. Perhaps much sooner. Maybe it has happened before. Just saying.

Comment

I've done some reading up on what else those Darpa chiefs are up to, all the usual stuff; Lost Planet style mechs, sniper locating armour, RC sentries etc etc. But one project to be VERY afraid of is the EATR robot which can locate and consume biomass for fuel!

Comment

Hehe I remember hearing a guy defending that, he said it was designed to eat leaves, not bodies

Comment

Well, it seems to favour chicken fat, apparently.

Comment

It's going to take a pretty complex subroutine for it to pick up something and go `nah that's human I'm not allowed to eat that..."

Cannibal robots

Comment

They're not cannibals unless they eat robots.

/pedantic

Comment

Curse you and your command of the English language. Okay, flesh eating robots.

Comment

Someone at work found this after I showed them the BigDog

Comment

Thats got to be a big dog fake surely?

Comment

flesh eating robots....homing bullets....somebody buy these guys a blu-ray Terminator trilogy please!!

Comment

It's quite creepy the way BigDog walks, it's like some sort of weird spider/fly amalgam. Cool when the dude kicks it and it's walking on ice.

Comment

Things like this are awesome, cool if you've never seen photosynth.

Comment

Comment

Some crazy translation software that is available now, it actually does work like this too.

Comment

Working...
                                X