Lethal Weapon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lethal Weapon

Think that potential “Lethal Weapon” remake I reported on the other day is just a pipe dream? Think again as producer Joel Silver has hired Will Beall to write the script for the reboot at Warner Bros. Pictures reports Deadline. Beall is a former LA police officer who patrolled South Central and wrote the novel […]

2013. A reboot

Even I don't like the sound of this one, it's a crowded genre and so no Lethal Weapon 5-No Way

Shane Black was working on an idea a couple of years back - would love to have seen his LW5 / reboot / whatever it was.

Hope they go back to the starkness of the original.

Comment

As long as I can watch a dubbed for swearing and cut for violence version of it on ITV with a break for the ITN news I'll be happy.

Comment

No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No. No.

Comment

How can you reboot Leathal Weapon. The whole thing worked because of the cast chemistry, the plot was secondary to the lol banter between riggs and Murtargh, sometimes with Leo too.

Comment

This is one of the few "reboots" I think could work. Turn down the wit, give us a tense drama of a suicidal cop.

Comment

Hollywood: killing creativity one remake at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                This is one of the few "reboots" I think could work. Turn down the wit, give us a tense drama of a suicidal cop.
                Would that not completely stop it being a lethal weapon film?

Comment

It would stop it being LW3 or 4. The first two were actually quite hard edged. He was meant to die in the second, as originally scripted by Black.

I believe by the fourth film they didn't even have a script

Comment

I can confirm this idea is 100% pure aids.

Comment

Originally posted by Matt View Post
                      It would stop it being LW3 or 4. The first two were actually quite hard edged. He was meant to die in the second, as originally scripted by Black.

I believe by the fourth film they didn't even have a script
                      Certainly didn't sound like it, they were all just babbling on at the same time. 3rd movie had the same problem.

Comment

I'm sure I read somewhere they were making it up as they went along - had some action stuff they wanted to shoot, the rest, well. Ghastly film. The last 2 were pretty poor.

I'm usually 100% against "reboots" but this is hardly a beloved franchise, and I can see loads of potential for an adult action movie based on the subject matter. We won't get that, of couse

Comment

Though a renewal of FOX’s action series “Lethal Weapon” for a third season is considered a fait accompli thanks to strong ratings, behind-the-scenes issues are reportedly holding up the process – specifically bad behaviour of co-lead Clayne Crawford. Deadline reports that Crawford has had a history of bad behavior on the show, and has been […]

Fox and Disney are all set to merge and there could be casualties along the way but one safe bet looked to be the successful Lethal Weapon series. Word is that may no longer be the case as the show looks ahead to the potential for a fourth season, the reason? Riggs actor Clayne Crawford who is reported highly disruptive behind the scenes with accusations of emotional abuse and creation of a hostile work environment. Recasting could be deployed but given how far in the show is, cancellation is also an option as the show changes owner.

Comment

Lethal Weapon co-lead Clayne Crawford is speaking out in the wake of reports that his hostile work behavior could lead to the Fox drama’s premature cancellation. In a lengthy statement posted on Instagram, the Rectify alum called Monday’s headlines “incredibly distressing,” before going on to detail a pair of incidents that led studio Warner Bros. […]

And today Crawford apologises

Comment

Originally posted by Superman Falls View Post
                              Riggs actor Clayne Crawford who is reported highly disruptive behind the scenes with accusations of emotional abuse and creation of a hostile work environment.
                              It's funny that an actor playing a character renown as a loose cannon and needs therapy because of the way he angrily overreacts to his co-workers is sent to therapy for being a loose cannon and angrily overreacting to co-workers.

Comment

Working...
                              X