No announcement yet.

Post every time you import anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just a small amount of items this month so far, no more heroes 3 killion dollar edition, couple of booster boxes of tabeoja god recipes, copy of astral chain as i have been meaning to pick it up for ages. My eagerly awaited chogokin pacman figure and a guide book for the boku natsu shin chan game.

Comment

Slowly starting to clear the LRG backlog, a couple of bits from Fangamer, and what's meant to be the new hotness in the image scaler market...

Not sure if anyone else has tried this guy yet, but of particular interest is the supposed ability to handle switching input resolutions (240p <-> 480i) seamlessly to prevent signal drops.

Comment

Aergh, missed the first order window for the 5X, now waiting for them to be back in stock...planning to rewire all console once I get that and the component switch from Castlemania.

Comment

From what i have seen of it in action it dumps over the ossc & framemeister from a great height, the selection of image filters is amazing both in scanline modes and now also crt dot modes too and there's a good chance that more features & filters will be added as time goes on as it seems to be getting regular updated. Compare that to what is on offer with the framemeister and the framemeister looks crap next to it. With the almost instant res switching and it's on my list for been bought as soon as possible for my ps1 gaming. Was going to go for the PS1 hdmi mod kit but then i saw this and quite frankly it solves all my problems without me having to try and get a hdmi kit installed plus it means i can also use it on all my other non ps1 hardware too but it would be mainly purchased with ps1 in mind. If my hardware ever craps out least i can easily buy a replacement something which would be a huge pain if i had a hdmi mod kit installed into a machine.

It will then be time to ditch the framemeister as it's now obsolete for my needs.

Comment

Another round of imports have made their way to me....

Couple of PCE shooters

Senko no Ronde Duo on PS4

A few Megaman PS1 games

Some PS1 Fighters

Some PS2 games

And the rest of the PS1 games

Comment

Lovely stuff!

There's something about PC Engine art that clicks with me.
              I think it's from an age where everything was hand-drawn, rather than done with a computer.

I wish Bitmap Books would do a PC Engine covers book!
              (So I don't start collecting games for the bloody covers!)

To be fair, those PS1 covers also look great.
              Not sure how they play, but the Darius and Zeitgeist standout to me!

Reminds me of my amazing thread from 2007:
              Fave shmup ship?

EDIT: Oh it's 3D! That was a surprise!

Last edited by QualityChimp; 14-09-2021, 09:16.

Comment

Thanks!

Yeah the artwork is just a different level to the stuff we get now. You just have to look at the Senko no Ronde cover to see the difference. Saying that the Pocket Fighter artwork looks I drew it I would love a PC Engine cover art book, even a load of the RPG's I could never play look fantastic.

I've not played Zeitgeist yet, but I'm looking forward to giving it a try, it was only ~400 yen and I thought it looked pretty cool and I'd take a chance on it.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                  still astounded that those mario karts were only £28 each bargain
                  Where on earth from? I have been after some reasonable priced Mario Karts for ages...

Comment

Originally posted by chipsgravy View Post
                    Where on earth from? I have been after some reasonable priced Mario Karts for ages...
                    Amazon japan, they went up by a few hundred yen since i bought them but still stupidly cheap

Mario

Luigi

Comment

Few Vita bits courtesy of @MonkeyJuggleDX (Time Travelers is up there as one of my 'most wanted' localisations...), and the latest batch of Cotton ports, which are seemingly a laggy mess.

Comment

Yeah just tried the cotton saturn tribute & it's a bit sluggish, not the total unplayable mess that the youtubers are drumming up drama over but you can def notice it. Still managed to complete a few levels on both cotton games but i never played either of these so i died because i didn't know how to use the attacks properly as i skipped the tutorial but i can play through this. Bought the special edition as i liked the arcade instruction replicas.

Also picked up warioware, metallic child, summer in mara & rolling gunner as well as hades as the jpn one is a fraction of the ripoff price the western cart version is currently going for on amazon uk no way i'm paying £50 from turd resellers.

And because i love cup noodle stuff this book that contained a snazzy cup noodle pouch, have a use for it as a place to store one of my cup noodle robo timer robots as it didn't come with a box like the other one i have so it can live in this pouch.

Last edited by importaku; 08-10-2021, 14:47.

Comment

Couple of eagerly awaited US imports today.

Comment

They're grrr-eat!

Comment

Some stuff from fangamer in the states, rarely buy gaming tshirts as most are a bit cringy but this goemon one i have been eyeing up for a while.

Also picked up the vinyl soundtrack for the first game too, love the art on the sleeve

And this pretty neat hypnospace enforcer pin, the metal has a weird rainbow affect applied to the metal bits.

Comment

switch_SRW30.png

Comment

Working...
                                X