No announcement yet.

Post every time you import anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That japanese edition of Cuphead is rather special. Play-Asia doesn't seem to have it and I haven't imported much in years... Is ordering from Amazon.co.jp much of a faff? Anything in particular I should know about the process?

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
      That japanese edition of Cuphead is rather special. Play-Asia doesn't seem to have it and I haven't imported much in years... Is ordering from Amazon.co.jp much of a faff? Anything in particular I should know about the process?
      Amazon japan is a seperate entity so you'll need to make a new account, an account from usa or europe will not work. Some games they will ship to you direct but not everything is available that way, some stuff tends to be limited to japan and that's where middleman companies like tenso and others come into play thats the route i use as i can totally bypass import duty by lying my ass off on the value when i fill in the customs declaration for tenso to use it has risks if your parcel goes missing but screw the uk goverment ripping me off

From what i remember of ordering direct from amazon japan back when i bought only books and dvd/cds they tended to send stuff by the most expensive shipping option but that might have changed i'm sure someone who has ordered from them direct recently can fill you in as my info is years out of date since i set up tenso i haven't ordered direct from them.

Oh & don't worry about the language barrier on amazon japans site you have the option of turning the site to english so you can naviagte all options & your account stuff. Be aware though that finding some items with the search bar you have to type in japanese the site can auto translate in some cases if you type in english but it doesn't always get it correct so it will say there's nothing when in reality there is but it's not been found. You can navigate though by clicking on the various departments though till you get to the section you need to save you some time here's the videogames department to browse through.
      Last edited by importaku; 10-06-2023, 13:13.

Comment

Amazon Japan is way easier and better than Play Asia ever was. Stuff ships to you stupidly fast via DHL and tax is included in the shipping cost when you check out, so no annoying customs bills or 'handling charges' from your courier.

I've personally never had to use anything like Tenso for the stuff I buy from there. Just comes straight from Amazon.

Comment

Thanks, I'll give Amazon.co.jp a go! I've been using Play-Asia ever since Lik Sang went out of business and I haven't imported enough to feel the need to look elsewhere.

Comment

It's worth it but beware, once you have access to shopping 10 years into the future you may not be able to stop

Comment

A mortgage is one hell of a deterrent... I'll be safe!

Comment

Been a while since I imported anything video game related.

2017 Super Mario stamp set from Japan. These were really cheap and (in my not very humble opinion) super cool, so I had to get them.

Comment

Definitely not just you, those are excellent and I certainly wouldn't mind learning what search terms you used / where you looked to find them!

Latest arrivals over here:

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                    Definitely not just you, those are excellent and I certainly wouldn't mind learning what search terms you used / where you looked to find them!
                    I just googled if there were any Super Mario stamps and then one of the results was a eBay listing, then just searched on eBay for "Super Mario 2017 stamp" and found them.

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                    There you go fuse

loads on ebay that set is a couple of quid

Of if you'd like a full sheet of unused ones it's about £10
                    https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/225496616813
                    It's actually really intresting to see that the unused set is/was more expensive than the used set, as I have noticed that stamp collectors more often collect used/stamped stamps, so unused sets can be much cheaper than used sets. So it feels to me that the unused set is more geared towards video game collectors and the niche stamp collectors who collect unused stamps.

For example this french unused set is much cheaper than it would be if they were separated and used.
                    Les meilleures offres pour FRANCE 2005 HEROS DES JEUX VIDEO BF NEUF ** YT 91 sont sur eBay ✓ Comparez les prix et les spécificités des produits neufs et d'occasion ✓ Pleins d'articles en livraison gratuite!

Hmm, now that I think about it, I think I need that french set too...

Comment

Just one game today but one i have been paitently waiting for the physical release as i love it. 2nd game order from special reserve but this one came first still waiting on cult of the lamb super fancy bundle set. Hopefully released next month.

The UV spot gloss printing on the cover and the manual are a nice touch.

Comment

Finally got my copy of Dodonpachi Resurrection from LRG today

Now Just Espgaluda 2 to go but that's still waiting for them to get the Arcade accessory thing done so god knows when that will get here

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                          Just one game today but one i have been paitently waiting for the physical release as i love it. 2nd game order from special reserve but this one came first still waiting on cult of the lamb super fancy bundle set. Hopefully released next month.

The UV spot gloss printing on the cover and the manual are a nice touch.
                          i posted about this in the mini first play thread I've been playing it all week its such a cool game, I'm not really into digital tabletop card games but the mystery and setting of this one elevate it and bring something new that you wouldn't be able to do with a traditional card game

Comment

Originally posted by Lebowski View Post
                            i posted about this in the mini first play thread I've been playing it all week its such a cool game, I'm not really into digital tabletop card games but the mystery and setting of this one elevate it and bring something new that you wouldn't be able to do with a traditional card game
                            It's an amazing game one that totally messes with you as you get further in i have reached act 3 so far and the story is pretty insane, the battles are getting pretty hard now i'm really having to really think how to use the cards to their best ability although some battles have been down to luck as well. Don't be put off by the graphical change when you get to the end of the map in act 1. The change in act 2 has put a lot of people off as it's not really mentioned in reviews as it would be a huge spoiler as it's part of the story but it changes again for act 3. Not sure how many more parts there are but the story has lots of weird layers to it.

Comment

I've played a good few hours of Inscryption and there's some really smart stuff in there but I also found myself really struggling with the core deck building angle. I've been meaning to return to it (and I think my physical's just shipped this week) but haven't made it back just yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X