Post every time you import anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fuse View Post
    I've played a good few hours of Inscryption and there's some really smart stuff in there but I also found myself really struggling with the core deck building angle. I've been meaning to return to it (and I think my physical's just shipped this week) but haven't made it back just yet.
    The game is really clever as every time you die it gives you a bit more help. With the whole creating a death card there’s still a bit of luck involved getting the right portions to combine together but you can make some insanely powerful cards to help you in the next run.

Without spoiling anything major there’s a card called ringworm if you happen to find it and can find the campfire space where you can gamble to power up a card or risk it been eaten by the 4 people around the fire keep going till they eat that card. Then look for the campfire spot again further on in the map you’ll see something very interesting that’s happened that will help you out a lot of you visit it. Won’t say what but you’ll be glad you did it.

Nowhere in the game does it tell you this I found out by total chance when that card got eaten I’m curious if other cards have similar secrets attached the game is packed with insane cool details like this.
    Last edited by importaku; 28-06-2023, 11:05.

Comment

Just a few recent switch pickups this week plus a few domestic releases.

Comment

This came while I was away

Comment

It's nice it has another chance to shine, still have the DS version. The animation is lush as ever.

Comment

Originally posted by Deuteros View Post
            A mortgage is one hell of a deterrent... I'll be safe!
            Famous last words and all that...

I decided to add Kyoei Toshi to my order but I'm not happy with its condition. It was supposed to be a new copy from a 3rd party seller and shipped by Amazon. The copy I received was no longer shrinkwrapped, just stored in one of those plastic sleeves with an adhesive to seal them. It has some minor cosmetic blemishes but, what's worse, it's missing the insert I could spot on a couple of unboxing videos...

How much of an headache is it to deal with the japanese Amazon's customer support?

Comment

I had a better look at my order's details and this game's condition is described as 新品・未開封の商品です。, which Google tells me means "This is a new and unopened product".

Comment

Urg, sorry to hear you've got that potential headache to deal with. Normally I avoid 3rd party sellers on the back of 99% of them not wanting to ship direct to the UK to begin with, but I'd hope that Amazon themselves would be a bit more involved in the claims process. I've not had to deal with returns, but have had both good and bad experiences when it comes to asking Amazon agents about other issues where things have gone wrong. Fingers crossed for you!

Comment

@Deuteros

I have dealt with Amazon Japan's customer service for a non-gaming related item, a kind of gadget with keyboard and black and white screen that can be used for distraction-free writing.

It's shaped like a laptop and when it turned up (brand new) it was wonky and didn't close properly.

When I contacted customer support they were very helpful and easy to communicate with in English. The way that it worked, I think, was that I had to pay my own way to send it back to Japan via DHL (who came to collect it) which I think cost about £70, and then when they received it they reimbursed the full cost of the item and the cost of my sending it back to them.

They guided me through the whole process on email. It's more inconvenient than returning something to your domestic Amazon, but overall I couldn't fault their helpfulness. Worlds apart from dealing with Play-Asia or something.

I would reach out to their customer support on email.

Comment

Thanks, it's good to know I can contact them in english.

Comment

Amazon.co.jp issued a full refund (¥4920 for the game and ¥790 for its shipping) and told me not to bother sending the game back to them.

Wow! I can't fault this outcome, it reminds me of how Amazon's customer support used to be some years ago. The only sticking point is that I know I can sometimes be an idiot and keep looking around for a brand new copy...

Comment

Glad to hear you got a good result. If you can live without the insert, I would personally just buy the cheapest brand new PS4 game you can find and re-case it.

Comment

Comment

A couple more inscryption things from the usa, i already have the standard edition but the special one looked so nice that i couldn't resist double dipping. I rarely do this with any game but this is a nice exception. Also managed to get a couple packs of official cards that are replicas of the realworld part of the game, the cards are fixed in the packs so i got 2 one to open and enjoy and the other will fit inside the special edition box as a nice upgrade makes a nice set having a pack of cards from the game in there too.

The box has so many nice touches theres foil printing all over, it's embossed and it also has this really soft almost rubber to the touch coating.

Also comes with an oversized art card in the box

Has a different cover to the standard edition too.

And these are the in world cards 4 are holos the rest normal. Not meant to be used to play any game they are just art cards to enjoy which seems to have annoyed a lot of people. Even people complaining saying they look nothing like the cards in the game totally missing the point as these are the real ones.

Absolutely adore this game.
                            Last edited by importaku; 26-07-2023, 17:21.

Comment

First Amiibos I've ever bought (not counting the one included in Chibi-Robo Zip), and only because Hikari is in her Torna outfit.
                              Bought this from Nin NIn Game, was very surprised to see the box is multilingual (English, French, Japanese); makes sense, I guess.

Comment

As it's august and my birthday is this weekend & i'm stuck in crappy work on that day. This came at the perfect time to take the sting out of working on my birthday, kind of went a bit overboard as i got nearly 2 grand backpay so i used a portion of it to clear my wishlist on amazon japan.

It's time to play... What's in that box?
                                (that i totally lied about on the customs declaration & watched it sail past customs without getting taxed lol)

First up some more gashapon as i never stop adding to my collection i'll open these later.

There's a lot of shmups in this months box theres raiden III & natsumon (not a shmup) which i have been waiting eagerly for

Ikaruga & trouble witches

Splatoon 2 box set & super bullet break collectors edition. I haven't lost the plot with splatoon i bought a splatoon 2 pro controller off ebay months back and i found out it was an extremely convincing fake it turned on the switch from sleep and had the nfc sensor for amiibo but it had normal rumble motor and in only one side of the pad which is what gave it away, as real ones hum with a high pitched tone when you test them in the controller menu like joycons do. As there's more fakes now than genuine ones out there, the difficulty of getting a real one has gone up so i had a plan if i buy the box set then with the game i have a pretty good chance of the pad been a real one as i doubt they can pirate the game too. As it cost a little less than what the new pro controllers retail for i kind of got the game for free.

ghost trick & a digital only horror game called yuoni that now has a physical version & it was stupidly cheap like 2500 yen cheap, have it digitally already but wasn't going to say no to a copy.

And finally the fancy pants edition of rayz arcade chronology although not the super expensive one with the crystal etched figure block. The box weighs a ton though so i wonder what else is in there.

[EDIT]
                                Opened it up, no wonder it was heavy it contains 2 books a soundtrack cd & a bluray, the design works book is pleasing dual language it's in full english & japanese which is a nice bonus there's also some arcade instruction cards for all the games.

These are this months gashapon some tiny japanese fireworks & some figures that are melting

The fireworks are amazingly detailled the star shell even comes in it's own box with a shell inside the launcher

Last edited by importaku; 09-08-2023, 17:55.

Comment

Working...
                                X