No announcement yet.

Post every time you import anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Natsumon! Looking forward to hearing how that plays for you.

Comment

Originally posted by kryss View Post
      Natsumon! Looking forward to hearing how that plays for you.
      From the several hours i have put into it the game so far feels like the best one of them yet. Your character can scale anything if your stamina holds out, the island you explore is vast it's really like they made a breath of the wild natsuyasumi game, the amount of screen grabs i have taken because it's so pretty is crazy lol. The amount of days i have wasted just from walking around and exploring the natural beauty of the island instead of actually trying to complete quests means i'm gonna have to go through this several times to see everything. The weather changes too i had a day where it was darker out then as i was playing around at the beach the heavens opened it changes the feel of the island as does exploring at night although you are limited with how far you can go out from your home still yet to see if you can do the whole island in the dark by the end of the game or it limits you.

Found that kicking the chestnut trees makes them drop nuts which in turn you can plant in various panels in the floor in the forests and they sprout springy platforms allowing you to get further in by reaching out of the way ledges or boost you up the cliffs. Also while taking a trip to the shopping district theres a toy store where you can buy a gun that uses chestnuts as ammo as well as a few other toys that are useful to have like the clock that will let you keep track of time, as at teatime like in all the other games a relative will come look for you no matter how far out you got.

So far i'm really loving it, a perfect summer game like shin chan bokunatsu was for me to just lose myself into.
      Last edited by importaku; 13-08-2023, 19:28.

Comment

Any English language support?

Comment

Originally posted by DeathAdder View Post
          Any English language support?
          Nope sadly no english & even harder it has no furigana over all the kanji making it a lot tougher for me i'm having to rely on listening more to the speech. However i'm having a blast, spent the day hunting fossils then i realised the town had a museum that i hadn't visited yet so i popped in & there was a quest that popped up that they were looking for fossil donations my pockets were full of them lol. You can even go in the museum animal crossing style to look at the exhibits you have donated. Currently going around the island looking for bus stops as each one you find you can add to the list so then you can travel to any of them by bus saving a lot of time.

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
            Nope sadly no english & even harder it has no furigana over all the kanji making it a lot tougher for me i'm having to rely on listening more to the speech. However i'm having a blast, spent the day hunting fossils then i realised the town had a museum that i hadn't visited yet so i popped in & there was a quest that popped up that they were looking for fossil donations my pockets were full of them lol. You can even go in the museum animal crossing style to look at the exhibits you have donated. Currently going around the island looking for bus stops as each one you find you can add to the list so then you can travel to any of them by bus saving a lot of time.
            Cheers. I might pick this up if I find it cheaply.

Comment

10% off digitally on the eshop right now.

Comment

I’m a physical if possible gamer.

Comment

A little bit of import goodness added to my collection.

Dragon Quest XI was supposed to be brand new and sealed, turned out to not be the case as it had over 80 hour save file on it. Thankfully Amazon Japan gave me a refund for it.

RockMan EXE Advanced Collection was something I knew I had to get when it was announced. It's really fun to go back to Mega Man Battle Network, I always enjoyed the series, and even though the early games in the series have not aged all that well, they are still enjoyable to me. Also it's nice to have all 6 games finally, as I never saw the gba Battle Network 4-6 games on game store shelves, and the DS version of 5 I have seen only once on a game store shelf, and that was when I bought it.

Comment

More stuff arrived from japan not a huge amount of gaming stuff this time as i was mainly buying dagashi & hobby stuff.

The new colour of the saocon controller for tsuri spirits now have enough for 2 players also made the stupid decision to try and tackle dragon quest X offline, i know this is well out of my reading ability but this is never gonna come to the west. Also picked up sainan tantei saiga had no idea it was a box set as it was so cheap lol

An ungodly amount of dagashi of the savoury kind, i LOVE this stuff

And re-ment miniatures and gashapon for this month

All of this months gashapon are themed on dagashiya the little blister holders that contained cheap toys and boxes full of replica dagashi that are offbrands of real ones like morocco yogurt, orion's coco cigarettes ect

The detail on these tiny toys are crazy, grew up with a few of these. Starting from left bouncy balls, a weird goop that you squeezed a ball of then used the straw to inflate to make a balloon, bird call water whistles, blow pipes that you tried to keep the ball in the air & finally bubbles.

Picked up both series but phone died before i could take pics of others

Aaaand that's it for probably a couple of weeks i like to keep various Japanese companies & 3rd party marketplace sellers on amazon japan in buisness.
                    Last edited by importaku; 29-08-2023, 11:51.

Comment

Great stuff as ever. Would be particularly keen to hear how you get on with DQX Offline!

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                        Great stuff as ever. Would be particularly keen to hear how you get on with DQX Offline!
                        So far played a couple of hours, sadly there's no furigana on the menu options and item descriptions however, whenever anyone talks there is furigana in those text boxes which is helping a LOT so i'm making steady progress. Also the game is kind enough to point you where you need to be heading next which is helping, the opening of the game is pretty simple lets you into a starting village which eventually gets burned to the ground and everyone killed you manage to save your sister by sending her through time and you die yourself which is a pretty harsh start for a DQ game lol. However the turtle god in the village sends your soul to the spirit plane and that's where you chose which of the 5 races you want to be rencarnated as, i have chosen ogre for this first playthrough and that's about where i'm upto just awakened in my new life in a strange mountain top ogre village.

Enjoying it so far but i do wish it makes it to the west eventually as my Japanese can only get me so far.

Comment

Good stuff. I'm well aware it's leaps and bounds out of my reading comprehension, but part of me has got it in my head that some vague degree of MMO proficiency will make it playable, even if not understandable? Would also love to see it come west; feels so odd that a series this big might end up with a "lost" entry.

Lots of LRG stuff and some other pre-orders turned up this week. Also consider this my altruistic PSA for anyone considering these daft Switch "mini arcade" setups for completionist / other mad reasons. They are obnoxiously large space-vacuums, even next to already large limited editions. Also don't feel great about having given Nicalis more money, ho hum.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            Good stuff. I'm well aware it's leaps and bounds out of my reading comprehension, but part of me has got it in my head that some vague degree of MMO proficiency will make it playable, even if not understandable? Would also love to see it come west; feels so odd that a series this big might end up with a "lost" entry.
                            Nice pickups i sorely wish fantavision had made it to switch i loved that game it was the very first Japanese PS2 game i ever bought when i used to have one.

As for DQX if you can read kana that will be enough to let you play fine. The game does very thoughtfully signpost what you need to be doing next. If you have played any of the other games you'll already be prepped for the systems they use. Although figuring out spells and stats maybe tricky but hey that's what google lense is for lol. DQ11 still sits at the top along with persona 5 royal as 2 of the best RPGs i have ever played. I can only imagine how incredible DQ12 will eventually end up looking like.

It's great that while they are not mainline games there's DQ monsters III & infinity strash very close to release will be picking both up.

Comment

Well i never expected to see one of these on ebay i originally mistook it as one of the tiny 1/2 sized ones that i already have a pair of. Only when i looked at the other pics i realised it's a full sized capsule station i have always wanted a full sized real one, these don't appear for sale that often on ebay & this ones pretty rare as it's not yellowed to hell like every single other one has been. This one is in beautiful condition & still has it's original key.

No way in hell i was gonna pass it up so err yeah i now have a real capsule station on it's way from japan. Gonna get busted for import tax for sure on this but least the shipping was free which is a good job as the thing weighs 7KG now my gacha collection can live inside it as this one takes the full sized capsules so everything i own will fit.

Last edited by importaku; 04-09-2023, 23:42.

Comment

That's super cool Importaku.

Comment

Working...
                                X