Post every time you import anything

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Travesty View Post
    Puyo Puyo Tetris is yet another game I have been wanting to get for a long time. This too has some really tinny sound effects, but they are not as bad as on Gaist Crusher.
    What is this? Is it two game on one cart? Or actually a mash up? Any good?

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
      Is it two game on one cart? Or actually a mash up? Any good?
      Yes and yes. It's a mash-up with a story mode, and there are also separate shorter quick play modes for playing puyo puyo or tetris separately, like 150 line clear on tetris. The sequel did get released in europe at least for xbox and playstation.

It's good. The main puyo puyo tetris mode confuses me a lot, but it's fun in its weirdness.

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
        What is this? Is it two game on one cart? Or actually a mash up? Any good?
        Originally posted by Travesty View Post
        Yes and yes. It's a mash-up with a story mode, and there are also separate shorter quick play modes for playing puyo puyo or tetris separately, like 150 line clear on tetris. The sequel did get released in europe at least for xbox and playstation.

It's good. The main puyo puyo tetris mode confuses me a lot, but it's fun in its weirdness.
        The sequel actually got a release on the Switch too

And somehow I ended up with 2 copies so if you want one let me know lol

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post

Also picked up more rement miniature stuff as i love these sets.

Comment

Finally found a company that seems to be ok printing out display cards so i found a nice image online of one of my favourite sets and got it printed out the quality is really nice and with it been photo paper it is stiff enough to work just like a display card so now it'a all finished & finally complete no longer looks naked. Would love to get a few more printed out but finding high quality images of the display cards is extremely tough hardly any are online.
            If you want some more resources to work with, they’ve installed a load of these machines in the corner of the arcade at Manchester Trafford Centre full of Japanese-spec stuff. Mostly animals and a few anime things, but they are the proper Japanese cards/merchandise. Unfortunately the machines are on a token system that costs way more than I’d want to pay. There was a pretty nice set of replica sushi though.

Comment

Originally posted by Hirst View Post
              If you want some more resources to work with, they’ve installed a load of these machines in the corner of the arcade at Manchester Trafford Centre full of Japanese-spec stuff. Mostly animals and a few anime things, but they are the proper Japanese cards/merchandise. Unfortunately the machines are on a token system that costs way more than I’d want to pay. There was a pretty nice set of replica sushi though.
              Ooh next time i'm over that way i'll have to check it out. At the moment i find just buying complete sets off amazon japan the easiest way as you don't have the risk of blowing loads of money while constantly getting doubles especially over here where it's not uncommon for it to be £1 a spin. Least on amazon J i can just pick up a full set however sellers never sell the original display cards on there. I know various hobby shops in japan sometimes have them but mainly ones revolving around anime or casual popular stuff. Same on ebay there are cards on there for sale but all pokemon or disney/anime. So far my method is finding the makers of various sets as they have websites on the japanese side of the web and then saving the instruction card art from there as they usually have a useable size although some disable right click so i have to get creative

My latest pickups are these i just randomly spotted them on amazon j and bust out laughing. How can i say no to some ikemen eggs, it's this absurd stuff that i love any gashapon that can make me laugh gets a purchase. A complete set of these set me back just over a tenner so not too pricy.
              Last edited by importaku; 07-10-2023, 12:54.

Comment

That face makes me think of Seaman on the Dreamcast. He didn’t lay this sort of egg though, did he?!

Comment

I dread to think what kinds of mutant eggs that human faced fishy horror spawns. That last one on the bottom right seems to be channelling it's inner dragon ball Z going by those eyes lol.

Comment

I had a few arrivals to my collection. I just realised that in the past few months I have bought more 3DS games than in 2021 and 2022 combined, part of the reason is that I am having fun with collecting 3DS games again.

A stack of cheap 3DS games, Terra Formars seems intresting, Yo-Kai Watch Busters 2 seems to be the best game of the 3DS bunch.

I have already played Return to Monkey Island on PC, but had to get the physical for switch, I bought it at the perfect time because it sold out from amazon maybe 2 or 3 days after I bought my copy.

Comment

I dread to think what kinds of mutant eggs that human faced fishy horror spawns. That last one on the bottom right seems to be channelling it's inner dragon ball Z going by those eyes lol.

He was a monster, but he was my monster.

Comment

Recent bits!

The Kitsune isn't really an import but it's going in here regardless; will share some thoughts once I've had some time to play with it.

Book on the right is "The World of Fumito Ueda" and is probably one to go over with Google Lens; there's a lot of text, whether that's in interviews, little doodles, or the extensive storyboards. On the left however we have what roughly translates to "Men who turned their homes into arcades", and it has absolutely got the ratio of words to pictures right for what you want from this premise

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post

On the left however we have what roughly translates to "Men who turned their homes into arcades", and it has absolutely got the ratio of words to pictures right for what you want from this premise
                          That sounds like a amazing book.

Comment

[MENTION=3822]fuse[/MENTION] nice to see another samba appear. Btw check out the eshop in game as there’s 2 free costume dlcs. A gold festival costume and a peanuts kun costume. Not sure if they are limited time on there but seeing as they are free you might want to grab them while they are available.

Looking forward to the next 2 dlc song packs as one of them is persona 5 and the other based on virtual gals so I’m guessing vrubers/vocaloids.

Comment

Ys X and DoDonPachi Daifukkatsu finally at home.

Comment

I doubled checked to make sure it wasn't an error on my part, and thankfully it wasn't. Some LRG games turned up the other day... twice...

And the Playism version of World of Horror.

Comment

Working...
                                X