Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah absolutely will.

Comment

Took them long enough to get Fantasy Life coming out.

Comment

Was woken up by the mailgirl in the morning who handed me a few goodies (FINALLY)

Comment

Ah PP vs tetris, nice choice

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
            And infinite burst LE

Still not opened mine

Should get PP Vs Tetris on again but I really need a second pad so I can play the missus.
            Which reminds me...has anyone done a translation for the menus??
            I still can't figure my way round them properly

Comment

There was a menu guide on gamefaqs I used...

It was the last level of story mode that beat me. I'm far better at the Tetris bit than the Puyo bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Loftgroover View Post
                There was a menu guide on gamefaqs I used...

It was the last level of story mode that beat me. I'm far better at the Tetris bit than the Puyo bit.
                Do you have a link?

Lol I suck at all modes

Comment

I played through the first 1-x levels of PPvT and it was really good. Tetris was much easier but the key to PP, I noticed, is to get immense combos, and not to get singles all the time. It takes practice, though, and some luck of course.

I was actually a bit surprised at the size of the Bullet Soul packaging. Where to put it? I hate those special editions that don't go with the rest of the collection ....

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
                    I played through the first 1-x levels of PPvT and it was really good. Tetris was much easier but the key to PP, I noticed, is to get immense combos, and not to get singles all the time. It takes practice, though, and some luck of course.

I was actually a bit surprised at the size of the Bullet Soul packaging. Where to put it? I hate those special editions that don't go with the rest of the collection ....
                    PP is all about the strings, get as many set up as possible then bang them, can kill it big time if you do them right.

Lol yeah tis a bit of a beast, that's that Famitsu book they ship it with.
                    Does make storing it a pain in the backside

Comment

PPvT would work better on a handheld I think. I wonder if there's Cross Play with the Vita and PS3.

Originally posted by importaku View Post
                      Yes! What system do you have it for? I've been eyeing the title for a while as I've wanted some sort of quality puzzle game as I lack those. The presentation is great Japanesy stuff and the gameplay is solid... Then again, what can you expect from games that have nailed it 20-30 years ago. Putting two of my favorite puzzle games in one is even better!
                      Last edited by danholo; 25-07-2014, 14:58.

Comment

Still left to pick it up myself, tried the demo on 3DS & loved it. Both the tetris & puyopuyo games are decently represented, my skill mainly lies with the puyo puyo side. Hours on the N64 version taught me how to chain with devastating results, building up so many ojama puyos that it was instant game over for the other player unless they were a god at countering lol.

Comment

Heh. I envy your skill. I find getting chains higher than 2 simply based on luck on my part, for now at least. I've played tons of Tetris on the DS. It appealed to me more than either the NES or GB versions which I had when I was a kid. I thought it was an excellent version. It also had practice mode which taught lots of tricks, so I still have a few in my mind.
                          Last edited by danholo; 25-07-2014, 18:29.

Comment

You'll get there with practise, both are great puzzlers so it's pretty cool that they mixed them together in one game. I agree on Tetris DS it's a fantastic version, i loved all the extra modes they put in plus the nintendo themed graphics were nice.

Comment

Indeed! The Nintendo themes were clever and gave a proper hint of nostalgia. I didn't mention them but certainly were in my mind when writing about the game..
                              Last edited by danholo; 26-07-2014, 22:00.

Comment

Well more new medal madness this weekend, just waiting for the last few batches of medals i have ordered to come from Japan now. Can't wait till a week & a bit when the zeroshiki watch is released, it's pure madness trying to actually get hold of one, you have to go on a waiting list just to preorder the damn thing. Come Aug 4th there will be nowhere in Japan that has them in stock unless you pay through the ass for one. love the look of the new one it's pleasingly retro.

In the meantime im making do with Keita's original watch, discovered some of the newer medals actually work with it with very cool results the new jibanyan medal plays a secret sequence i have never heard before.
                                Last edited by importaku; 27-07-2014, 21:32.

Comment

Working...
                                X