Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Playing now or saving for Christmas?

Comment

Christmas is at my parents' away from (home) consoles, so...now.

Comment

Then I shall be avoiding the first play thread!

Comment

Originally posted by importaku View Post
          This looks fantastic. Do you mind if I ask where you found it?

Comment

I had to get it through Amazon Japan and then have Tenso forward it to me it was the easiest place to find it, cost just over ?10. It's quite a nifty little money box the RPG is pretty basic but also rather fun, each floor you go on you use the search option to look around it will either trigger a monster battle or you might get the angel to come and replensih your HP or you might find the shopkeeper to buy supplies or you can sometimes find a chest with an item in. As you battle your way up the 100 floors you have boss battles at the end of each set of 10 and the higher you go the harder they become.

You can leave the tower and go back to the town to buy new weapons and armour it seems the higher you get in the tower the stronger the weapons the shopkeeper sells in town, you can then pay the balloon to take you back upto where you rooughly were but you might lose a few floors and have to do them again. Obviously everything costs money so 1 gold in the game = 1 yen in real money. But seeing as a 2 pence piece is registered by the box as 500 yen you can rack up funds pretty fast. The only 3 UK coins that wont fit in are 50p as it's too big and ?1 & ?2 coins as they are too big and fat. All other uk coins seem to go in 2p,10p & 20p all work the rest will go in but will just fall into the box without counting to your gold total.

I like when you hit a critical attack when battling the little light in the dragons mough lights up on the money box, also happens when you add funds or level up.

Comment

I just got Tenso verified and was excited so decided to change my Zestiria pre-order to Amazon Japan. Turns out AmiAmi does not accept cancellations of any orders! That's terrible service. I'm never using them again.

I imagined, as importaku pointed out, that ordering through Tenso, I could've marked down the price to improve dodging customs. I mean, with the Yen's rate being what it is (about 2/3s of the Euroe), ordering from Amazon (with local Japanese prices) with free shipping and going through Tenso, it seems like the cheapest option.

Comment

Originally posted by danholo View Post
                I just got Tenso verified and was excited so decided to change my Zestiria pre-order to Amazon Japan. Turns out AmiAmi does not accept cancellations of any orders! That's terrible service. I'm never using them again.
                They clearly state it. They aren't the ony ones, CD Japan does the same.

Comment

Yeah, I noticed this after I read their FAQ just now. A good reason to stay away.

Comment

Least with Amazon you can cancel whenever you like as long as it's before it's been shipped out, not sure about marketplace sellers as i have never cancelled one of those so i don't know. Tenso has recently lowered their fees making them one of the cheapest around plus they now have other shipping methods besides EMS, hopefully you find them as useful as i do Danholo.

Try not to go too crazy at having full access to Amazon Japan, i get giddy when i'm on there and order so much stuff lol. Toys & food seem to be my eternal weakness, when you are paying non import prices it's hard to say no.

Comment

Yeah, I'll heed your warning. Fortunately I detest any type of merchandising and other stuff so I'm fine on that front, and I only a import the odd Tales of title when they come out.

I'm just glad to have the option now. It was easier than I though to get verified. At least it could be done electronically, unless that was the possibility all along? For some reason I thought I needed to mail my information. Unfortunate that I can't take advantage of it right now, though. I could change my shipping method to domestic on AmiAmi but I don't know if it's worth it.

Ordering from Amazon just seems more legit, on a psychological level. A site like AmiAmi has terrible layout and is way outdated, and the customer service is terrible, since there is no cancellation option. Not having one is absurd in my mind.
                      Last edited by danholo; 14-12-2014, 11:26.

Comment

Ah if you are immune to merchandise they you are safe hehe.

Yeah you could always do the security check by email, i was a bit wary of it when i first did it but it was painless. I love how been a member is actually free you only pay if you use their services. Ironically although you can use tenso with a lot of places online i have only mainly bothered with Amazon as their service is so good in Japan that i haven't had the need to go elsewhere yet.

One thing that is good is Amazons lowest price gaurantee, i have had quite a few imports that i preordered and ended up paying even less because the price dropped an Amazon charged me the lowest price. You literally get domestic non import prices to start with, it's so good

Comment

Xmas presents parcel 2 turned up.

Yeah can't imagine too many of these have left Japan, it's a beast. Near arcade sized controller, well close as the home versions are going to get.

And a teeny tiny Taiko arcade to play it on

Comment

Shining Resonance for PS3.

Comment

Congrats both on your nice packages. I hope you get enjoyment from them.

Comment

Mario better make room in the display cabinet his brother has just arrived bringing a new playset with him.

Comment

Working...
                                X