Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Did you know? Interesting gaming facts...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Super Metroid has 4 hidden charge beam combo moves? Things like rotating ice star shield!

Well it's news to me! And I tell people this is my most favourite game of all time!

Comment

Altered Beast style Wise From Your Gwave thread

Comment

2008? Jeez Lewis, it only felt like last year!

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
          Super Metroid has 4 hiddencharge beam combo moves? Things like rotating ice star shield!
          Well it's news to me! And I tell people this is my most favourite game of all time!
          I discovered this back in the day when it was released because I left the game running at the title screen and the demo movie that plays shows you various secret combo moves.

There's another which can be done when your energy is low, using the super power bombs I think? Samus floats naked in a glowing ball of white light as her energy is recharged.

Just leave the game running and it will show you these.

Also, I have vague recollections of being able to glitch some of these by entering the beam menu and suddenly deselecting or reselecting other beams, at precisely the right moment, forcing the wrong attributes together. Or something. I forget. It was like 24 years ago.

EDIT:

Last edited by Sketcz; 09-09-2019, 14:16.

Comment

The indie game Don’t Die Mr Robot was originally called Avoid Droid but he had to change the name as the term “Droid” is copywrited

Comment

by George Lucas?

Comment

Originally posted by hudson View Post
                by George Lucas?
                A trademark of Lucasfilm. There was a children's show called Annedroids that ran into the same issue. When that show was in development, it was called Anne's Droids. Just putting the words together seemed to get around the trademark issue.

Comment

The late Ken Dodd wrote Manic Miner.

Comment

Please be true, please be true, please be true.

Comment

I see endo has bought the Big Fammydodd Book of Classic Gaming Vol.1.

Comment

Working...
                      X