Shotokou Battle X
    Mushihimesama Futari 1.5
    Dodonpachi Daioujou Black Label EXtra
    Ketsui EXtra
    Deathsmiles
    Raiden IV
    Blazblue
    Shooting Love 200x
    Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label (Ordered)
    Virtual On Force (Ordered)

I'm completely out of the loop, so what other imports are recommended right now?
    I'd put Deathsmiles II on your list

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
      Don't get me wrong, I adore NMH (it was the reason I bought and imported a Wii to get it on release), but the 360 port is hugely disappointing. Don't mind the lazy textures or even to some extent the missing content, but the hugely OTT loading times drove me mad. I never thought I'd let something like that get in the way of me enjoying a game, but after expecting it to be the 'ultimate' version, of NMH I felt violated.
      I'm with you, the loading times and crashes are unacceptable but I still put 20 hours into it and should someone put out the 360 version over here I'd do it all again...

On the topic of Senko no Ronde, I bought it years ago but have only dabbled with it. I don't think I 'got' it. Based on the talk in this forum I think I need to go back and try it again.

Comment

I thought Senko no Ronde was absolutely brilliant, personally. I got into it quite heavily and even played quite a few games online back in the day. I think I still have someone on my friends list who I still arrange the odd game with every now and then.

It did take a lot of getting used to, but once you've found the right character and really gotten used to the move variants you can pull off, it's excellent.

A lot of stuff really isn't explained, or is hard to pick up especially in the Japanese version. It took me a while to figure out that holding in the barrier and performing your shots gave you different moves, along with the differences in the two cartridge types that you can chose from between characters. As soon as I got into the moves to pull off, it just entered a league of it's own.

Especially fun when you completely break your opponent's armor, put them into final boss mode, completely avoid EVERYTHING and rinse them out for a spectacular, humiliating explosion. Can't help but grin.

@All - Thanks for the feedback, i've added them to my little list below:

No More Heroes
        Gal Gun
        Muchi Muchi Pork / Pink Sweets
        Raiden Fighters
        Death Smiles IIX
        ESPGaluda II
        Radirgy NOA Massive
        Blazblue Continuum Shift
        Senko no Ronde DUO

I quite liked Radirgy on the Dreamcast so i'm looking forward to giving that one a shot

Comment

I'm waiting on a copy of Gal Gun to arrive and quite looking forward to the nonsense.

It might not be your thing but I had a rather enjoyable evening with Dream Club.

Comment

Mr gun,

If you fancy giving Deathsmiles 2 a try before you buy...you can borrow my copy for a bit if you like??

Neil

Comment

Originally posted by Soundwave View Post
              Mr gun,

If you fancy giving Deathsmiles 2 a try before you buy...you can borrow my copy for a bit if you like??

Neil
              Sure, anything on my list you wanna borrow in return? Only one I can't lend out is Shooting Love 200x as I downloaded that off the JP Games On Demand using a japanese proxy

You're actually bloody close I think.
              Last edited by Silvergun X; 02-02-2011, 15:40.

Comment

Originally posted by Silvergun X View Post
                Sure, anything on my list you wanna borrow in return? Only one I can't lend out is Shooting Love 200x as I downloaded that off the JP Games On Demand using a japanese proxy

You're actually bloody close I think.
                Yeah not too far...been to frinton many times when I used to visit Clacton on my summer hols
                Lovely place

Thanks for the offer...could be tempted by your Blazblue, really didnt give that the time it deserved when I had it on the PS3 & I can't afford to import it for the 360 now

Thanks buddy

Neil

Comment

Not got a problem with that at all. PM coming your way.

Comment

Dodonpachi Daifukkatsu Black Label DLC now up on the JAP store
                    Last edited by gware; 03-02-2011, 09:45.

Comment

I don't think any games are IP locked besides Monster Hunter are they?

Actually, does anyone know of an easy work around for MH?

Comment

Some games on demand are IP locked. I remember I couldn't buy GG Midnight Carnival from the JPN store, and I know other people getting some of the 360 shmups were out of luck too unless using a proxy to kick it off

How much is the DFK BL DLC? I want to get it despite having the disc coming from VGI, have a horrible feeling I have just under 1200 points on my JP account though after buying the VO:Force DLC.

Comment

1200p. It's not locked. I couldn't find it, and tried the JP xbox site which wouldn't let me buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
                            Some games on demand are IP locked. I remember I couldn't buy GG Midnight Carnival from the JPN store, and I know other people getting some of the 360 shmups were out of luck too unless using a proxy to kick it off
                            Yup.

Anything downloaded off the marketplace like demos and DLC, are fine and not actually locked to IP address.

But downloading from Games On Demand will only work if you're on a Japanese IP, so putting my connection through a Japanese proxy/vpn was the only way to go about doing it. Handy if you can get the setup right though, as you can use Microsoft points to buy games off the JP games on demand.

Buy points card on ebay, connect through proxy, download off store. Wham bam easy import.

Fuse, what DLC can you currently get for Virtual On Force? I'd be interested in getting a bit of that.

Comment

It's more missions for mission mode - wait until you've played the others before you decide whether to grab or not would be my recommendation Stay peeled for a full review on the site soon!

Comment

Sorry for the bump but does anyone know how much import duty I would likely pay if I ordered a 4gig slim from Play Asia? Would it be subject to the standard 17.5% rate or would I be in for a more nasty surprise?

I really have to get my hands on Raiden Fighter Aces!

Comment

Working...
                                X