No announcement yet.

Under/Rated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines is a real gem.

When I started playing it I met a character that made me really feel like I was part of the vampire underworld and there were all these echelons of blood suckers above me. I was totally drawn in.

It has been really well supported by the community over the years and there are a load of patches out there that fix crashes and broken quests.

Just to be clear, I am not into Twilight.

Comment

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
      Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines is a real gem.

When I started playing it I met a character that made me really feel like I was part of the vampire underworld and there were all these echelons of blood suckers above me. I was totally drawn in.
      Yeah, the general atmosphere is one of the best aspects of the game. You feel like you're in this alternate, more dark world (should I say, World of Darkness ) that looks like our own but isn't quite it. The game does a great job of introducing you to WoD even if you're not familiar with the Vampire pen & paper RPG (like me).

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
      Just to be clear, I am not into Twilight.
      Hahah, same here.

I wonder if Bloodlines was released today, would it become a huge hit among teenagers worldwide...

Comment

If you ever play Bloodlines through a second time, play as a Malkavian. They're basically insane, and it gives you dozens of extra comedy gold dialogue options. You can have an argument with a STOP sign, for one.

Primal I remember was hyped to hell and back at the time, Sony threw a huge amount behind it. I think that might be why it's not so fondly remembered. It was a decent game, but when you spend so much cash telling everyone it's the best thing ever, people have too high an expectation.

Comment

Originally posted by Flabio View Post
          If you ever play Bloodlines through a second time, play as a Malkavian. They're basically insane, and it gives you dozens of extra comedy gold dialogue options. You can have an argument with a STOP sign, for one.
          Just don't pick a Malk if you're playing for the first time, unless you want some serious "WTF" moments of course.

Oh, and I forgot to mention the Ocean House Hotel. Damn, that was one creepy haunted house. I was hesitant to play the game for a second time because I didn't want to revisit that place.

Comment

I've got so many , but will start off with Kung Fu Chaos

The game had everything; graphics, sound, clever & well thought out stage design & brilliant 4 player mode. The planning and imagination and skill that went into this game was incredible.

Such a shame due to piss poor Marketing by MS and some silly racism comments, this utter gem of a game was looked over by the masses and rather depressingly most game game heads. Forget Power Stone 1 or II , Mario Smash Brothers This game is so much better and its made by us BRITS

Comment

Scarface on the Wii was a suprise hit for me and was a hidden gem IMHO.

Last edited by 112; 04-02-2011, 12:45.

Comment

Ooh, as a huge Vice City fan, that does look quite interesting indeed.

What's the gameplay like, 112? Is it open world where you do story and side missions?

Also, how does it control on the Wii? Any crappy, tacked on motion control issues?

Might have to give it a look it's probably cheap I'd wager.

Comment

Kung Fu Chaos looks a lot of fun.

Comment

Parappa the Rappa 2

Comment

Great thread.

In a nutshell Max Payne meets Die Hard.

Very fun and the music you hear in the trailer plays whenever you go into bullet time mode. ;p

Originally posted by nakamura View Post
                      Racing Battle. Never released outside of Japan due to the lack of success with the Tokyo Xtreme Racer series.
                      Will have to check that out at some point. Huge fan of Tokyo Highway Challenge - still the best racing game to include traffic imo.

Comment

Clock Tower

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                          Some really good suggestions here.

Victorious Boxers on PS2, one of the best boxing games full stop and a title that seems to get very little love:

Choice!

Had some fairly heated 2-player battles on this back in the day. Love the contrast of the punches that barely connect with the almighty thud of a right hook. Top game, great controls once you get used to them too.

Comment

Takes ages to get used to the heavy controls these days but the classic Stunt Race FX

The water spray on the screen used to amaze me, something most modern racers still can't get right

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post

Huge fan of Tokyo Highway Challenge - still the best racing game to include traffic imo.
                              i like the first one as well, but the second one rinses it big time..

Comment

Originally posted by dvdx2 View Post
                                i like the first one as well, but the second one rinses it big time..
                                Third one is good too, better visuals and some lovely weather effects. Pity there is popup and no Hondas though.

Stunt Race FX, good call as I love that game. So much charm with its fantastic tracks and music. The plasticene models of the cars were a fantastic touch too.

Striker 96 was one. Average scores in most mags but a supremely playable game. You could do so much with the ball, far more then most until ISS.

Last edited by nakamura; 05-02-2011, 12:09.

Comment

Working...
                                X