Exclusive stuff on J-PSN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Exclusive stuff on J-PSN?

Games, demos, free stuff, is there anything worth making a Japanese account for?

Is that DokoDemoIssyo thing still around?

Mainichi Issyo is gone but MALICIOUS is meant to be ace. I have not grabbed it yet but keep meaning to.

There's loads of brilliant PS1 stuff too.

Comment

Originally posted by fuse View Post
      Mainichi Issyo is gone but MALICIOUS is meant to be ace. I have not grabbed it yet but keep meaning to.

There's loads of brilliant PS1 stuff too.
      Do any of the Arcade sticks available work with PS1 stuff on the PSN??

Comment

VSHG works with everything, even PS2 BC.
        Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

As does the HRAP3

Comment

Originally posted by toythatkills View Post
            Games, demos, free stuff, is there anything worth making a Japanese account for?

Is that DokoDemoIssyo thing still around?
            A million PSX games IF you have a NTSC-J PS3.

Comment

Originally posted by Nico87 View Post
              A million PSX games IF you have a NTSC-J PS3.
              Erm, no. They work just fine on any PS3. I have a UK PS3 and about 30 Japanese PS1 games, and all run fine.

This works for both HD TVs and SD TVs. I sometimes hook my PAL PS3 up to an RGB 60Hz compatible UK SD TV via RGB SCART (adjusting the output settings of the PS3 of course) to play my PS1 games, since they look much better in SD than HD (there also appears to be slightly less lag I think).

Where in the world did you get incorrect information that JPN PS1 games won't work on a non-JPN PS3?!

Comment

I assume that comes from the fact that actual disc based PS1 games are still region protected. The PSN downloads aren't though.

Comment

Wow, I had no idea. I always thought that was the case because a few years ago I had a NTSC PS3 and tried downloading Dino Crisis and Crash Bandicoot from the PAL PS3, but it wouldn't work because of the region coding. Maybe they changed with a patch?

Comment

You need to set your PS3 video settings to automatic rather than manually selecting 480p, 720p, 1080p etc otherwise PAL PS1 games won't boot on NTSC machines, you'll get an error code instead. Thats what I needed to do on my Japanese system to play PS1 games downloaded from the UK PSN.
                    Last edited by Phar; 07-03-2011, 22:11.

Comment

Working...
                    X