Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

donkey konga

Quick question that I can't seem to get an answer to:

Did Donkey Konga on the GC get a US release without french text on the cover?

Am a bit OCD about cover artwork and all the US versions of this game seem to be US/Canadian i.e. with french text on the cover.

Thanks

I've found this image, so I'm guessing yes

Comment

Promo shot. I am 99% sure US Donkey Konga is dual language only. Not encountered a single copy without French on it. Digimon Arena 4 is also like this. The only two US Cube games I'm aware of (and I own them all!) that are dual language only.
      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
        (and I own them all!)

Comment

Yeah, without trying to derail the thread, I own to my knowledge, every single US Cube game. I've seen a slew of Donkey Konga cases in my time when trawling Gamestops in the US for used bargains, and I have never seen one that was just in English. I even asked about on Digital Press I think a while back, and no one could honestly say they had seen an English only version of the game either. So afaik, it's only available in both English and French inlay wise.

Comment

Every single one? Well played sir.

Which is the worst one

And; Pics please.

Comment

has anyone got a save file i could have for Dkonga 3. to unlock all the retro tunes ect ? i also have a soft modded wii is there a way to get the gamecube save file that way?

Comment

I think I'd gotten most of the way through DK3 at the time. You got a Japanese formatted memory card spare? I'll have to dig my switched Cube out and memory cards, but I might be able to copy it for you. First thing though, checking it isn't locked so I can transfer it...

As for my Cube collection, I've only ever taken one (composite) photo of the lot, before the room got more cluttered than it currently is...

Comment

Donkey konga 3 save isn't locked, however it does need a jpn formatted card to work. Not sure how it would be behave on a non jpn system as i remember these games giving no end of problems for people who ran them on a non jpn consoles using a freeloader.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    Yeah, without trying to derail the thread, I own to my knowledge, every single US Cube game. I've seen a slew of Donkey Konga cases in my time when trawling Gamestops in the US for used bargains, and I have never seen one that was just in English. I even asked about on Digital Press I think a while back, and no one could honestly say they had seen an English only version of the game either. So afaik, it's only available in both English and French inlay wise.
                    Oh well, thanks for the info everyone.

How many konga games are out there anyway?

Comment

Japan got 3, i think usa might have got 2 but i might have imagines that.

Jpn versions are superior as i love the song lists in them.

Comment

thats an amazing collection , i have a panasonic q so it should not be an issue and a formatted card spare. if its cool and possible would love to have a copy of your save m8 let me know.

Comment

Japan has 3, Europe and US both had 2. I own all 7 games because the soundtracks on each are different... even the corresponding Europe and US games only share about half the same songs.

Comment

Off topic but that is an awesome collection Mayhem - jealous!

Comment

really ? cool i may try and pick up the us ones in that case

Comment

Working...
                              X