Mecha Mad and Figure Fixation V3.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Definitely space in that top shelf!

I love a dedicated space for statues, they can creep everywhere if you're not careful.

Comment

And then get broken. I have a friend who has spent ridiculous amounts on those high-end statues. Didn't keep them in cases. He has a cat.

Comment

How are the Lambo Bros holding up, @D-oh-double G?

Comment

I have no idea how you mentioned me but haven't written my name. WHAT SORCERY IS THIS?!

They're doing great! I love them. They look so great. I transform them now and again and love doing it, although I still haven't learned it. Sunstreaker in particular has one part of the transformation that feels like it shouldn't work, like things just don't quite fit and my brain tells me not to move the pieces they're telling me to move. But it works!

I have been tempted to buy more but it would be a very expensive habit to get into. I'd love a Prowl in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by Dogg Thang View Post
            I have no idea how you mentioned me but haven't written my name. WHAT SORCERY IS THIS?!

They're doing great! I love them. They look so great. I transform them now and again and love doing it, although I still haven't learned it. Sunstreaker in particular has one part of the transformation that feels like it shouldn't work, like things just don't quite fit and my brain tells me not to move the pieces they're telling me to move. But it works!

I have been tempted to buy more but it would be a very expensive habit to get into. I'd love a Prowl in particular.
            I don't know what you mean @Dog Thing?

My son or daughter got hold of my Sideswipe and now he's missing a window.

S'OK as he was a KO so not very expensive.

However, in no way shape or form do I condone the purchase of a knockoff for £20 instead of £70 for the real deal.

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
              My son or daughter got hold of my Sideswipe and now he's missing a window.
              I used to have an original ESB Yoda figure from the 80s, complete with robe and snake and everything.

I don't anymore.

Comment

Chunners!

Comment

Originally posted by _SD_ View Post
                  Chunners!

You spelt "BAAAAANGERS" wrong

Comment

Random question but somone might know, back in the very early 90s, possibly 89 I bought a robot kit from a modelshop. It was a Japanese robot one around six to eight inches high. Two legs with an industrial design rather that the really curvey type with blades arl ower. It was army green and black which you glued together, and had two numbers in an american football style on it’s chest. I think it had a roundish head with antennas, and normal arms.

What kit was it?

Comment

Not Tetsujin 28?

Have a look through the series on this page and see if you can find one that matches.

Comment

No it was more industrial and flat than those ones. like human design rather than alien, seriousish rather than cartoony.

Comment

You went through every series on that page in 15 minutes?

Only other thing that springs to mind is Votoms.

Comment

It sounds like a Scopedog from Votoms to me too... or maybe a Gundam that isn’t, like a Gun Cannon or GM Sniper.

Last edited by _SD_; 28-06-2018, 23:06.

Comment

Yes more like the style in that picture!

Comment

Originally posted by vanpeebles View Post
                                Random question but somone might know, back in the very early 90s, possibly 89 I bought a robot kit from a modelshop. It was a Japanese robot one around six to eight inches high. Two legs with an industrial design rather that the really curvey type with blades arl ower. It was army green and black which you glued together, and had two numbers in an american football style on it’s chest. I think it had a roundish head with antennas, and normal arms.

What kit was it?
                                OK, so if we're looking at 80s/90s, I think the most prolific kits at that time were from Robotech.

My guess is a Destroid from that series:

Comment

Working...
                                X