No announcement yet.

Mobile style

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you able to switch back to the normal style?

Comment

I'm having nothing but problems with the site on my Android phone since the last update.

The layout of the site is broken, meaning I can't see any of the icons and so whenever I click on something all it does is take me to the first page of a thread and I can't go any further / skip to the latest posts.

There's no option to switch skins and when I click the options for the full site it takes me to the main website, but then the link to the forum from there doesn't work.

I also get all sorts of weirdness such as a small mail icon which appears over the logo but there's no PM's or anything waiting.

Clicking preview post also doesn't work and just posts whatever you've written.

Comment

I don't want to sound like one of those brilliantly clever people who suggest if you're having trouble with, say, Office 2007, you should just go and buy Office 2010, but I use Tapatalk on my Wildfire and it's very good.

The last upgrade I did made it easier to view and zoom images pasted, and is loads better.

I think the Wildfire is an entry-level Android smartphone and if that can handle it, I'm sure yours can.

I hope I'm not telling you how to suck eggs, Spatial!

Comment

Ok thanks. I'll check on Android tonight - it's all working rather on Opera mobile on my Symbian S60 v5.
          The problems you are having seem like just the same problems I was having before the update

Comment

Only problem I have with Tappatalk is that you have to pay for it. While it's not an earth shattering cost at ?1.99, I've spent enough on apps of late to find that my phone storage is really pushed (had to delete a load of stuff to do a system update on the weekend).

That said, I'm now giving Opera Mini a go and its rendering better. Front page is still wonky and squashed but at least it all loads and the main forums work as they should.

Comment

I just checked Android browser on Desire S and it's all fine. Homepage is obviously a bit large and needs to be zoomed, but everything works fine and forum is mobile style and can browse all pages of threads.

Only thing I didn't get a chance to try was changing to "full site" mode for forums which I'll try and check later (it's not my phone).

Comment

God knows what's going on there then, but it's still totally knackered for me on my basic Desire (even via Wi-fi so shouldn't be a network issue).

Opera is still working fine as per my earlier post so something's up with the stock browser here.

Comment

Can you try clearing the site cookie?

Comment

Just tried it and it made no difference.

Comment

I still can't get the mobile skin to work properly on my phone

Sorry, I know that's not the thread for this but it's bloody annoying that my phone just will not render the forum correctly.

Comment

What happens when you try it on your phone now dude? You might have to choose the mobile style from the dropdown.

Comment

It's being really wonky now - keeps either giving a blank page or switching between styles even when I've selected the smaller screen one.

I'm on wifi at the moment though as I'm at home - I'll have another try tomorrow morning when out and about to see what it does via 3G.

Comment

Trying to use Mobile Style on my new android phone and it just keeps resetting back to the standard layout everytime i click a link I've changed it in 'my settings' too but that has no effect....

Comment

In the forum?

You the article pages only work in the standard layout, but the forum should work.
                              I've just tried on my Nokia and it works. I'll try on an android phone later.

Try clearing any bordersdown cookies?
                              You shouldn't need to change it in your usercp because it remembers per device via a cookie I think.

Comment

I cleared cookies on my phone and its made no difference. Works on my iPad fine though.

Comment

Working...
                                X