Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Indeed it does. I guess I can blame my phone's tiny screen for that! Cheers, fellas.

Comment

HMV update - they no longer price match / beat CEX. Also they have put trade in price back up to flat rate of ?1 per dvd in the swap shop pilot stores.

Comment

As soon as GAME went so did HMV's trade in values. I've started leaning to Bee as they still give very good trade in values, there's just very few stores.

Comment

Agreed. HMV trade in prices have dived by about ?5 each over the past two weeks, and thats just on older stuff...

Comment

Thinking of shifting my PS Vita. Anyone know who's giving the best price on the high street?

EDIT: gone
            Last edited by Atticus; 15-04-2012, 10:53.

Comment

HMV are giving ?27 for kid Icarus (3DS)

Comment

Does anyone know how I would go about getting HMV to match the trade in price of GAME, given that GAME don't actually publish their trade in prices anywhere?

Comment

Depends on the store some will take your word some may try to phone game, you could always ask in game if they would write it on a reciept (cheeky but you never know)

Comment

Hehe thanks for answer, had you in mind when I asked the question! Will probably just let them phone game I think, don't have the balls to go ask the staff in game to do that

Comment

Originally posted by koopatroopa90 View Post
                      Hehe thanks for answer, had you in mind when I asked the question! Will probably just let them phone game I think, don't have the balls to go ask the staff in game to do that
                      It wouldn't have been the first time I dragged a game employee in to hmv to tell them the trade in price (don't worry I'm not a kidnapper my mate worked at game for a bit )

Comment

Originally posted by koopatroopa90 View Post
                        Does anyone know how I would go about getting HMV to match the trade in price of GAME, given that GAME don't actually publish their trade in prices anywhere?
                        if you go to game and they give you a price its valid for the rest of the day, you can ask for a printout of it which will have the trade in prices on them, just take it to hmv and thats all the proof you need, a few years ago i used to get a price in all of the games shops and work out the best, much too lazy to do that now Would be much easier if game had a trade in app like hmv, or published their prices

Comment

GAME now have a trade in price checker on the site: Here

Works reasonably well though some titles didn't go through. Can be a bit time consuming to check multiple games though as it requires the barcode. Not as efficient as HMV's trade in search/barcode scanning app (though the barcode scanner part often doesn't work)

However upon trading in some games I found out that their prices were in fact greater than the site said and it often beat out HMV which I was surprised by:

Title GAME - HMV
                          Dragon Age Xbox 360 ?4.50 ?2.00
                          Nintendogs + Cats 3DS ?14.10 ?7
                          Motorstorm 2 ?4.50 ?2.50
                          Sonic Generations ?18.00 ?8.00

I guess if you were so inclined you could try to get a receipt of the offered trade in prices at GAME and take up HMV on their beat trade in prices by ?1 pricematch promise.

Comment

Working...
                          X