No announcement yet.

Hitman: Absolution

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't get the impression that Rocksteady are developing the game, I get the impression that they are helping out IO with motion capture but not carrying out the main development of the title. Which of course would be perfectly reasonable since they both are owned by Eidos. IO have always stated they wanted to do a Hitman 5, I don't think they would want anyone else doing it. Plus they are quite a big studio from what I remember reading so it seems perfectly plausible that they'd be working on multiple titles as well.

Comment

Originally posted by Spatial101 View Post
      Apparently this game will feature co-op and he's going to get a female sidekick. It's going to be called The Hitman & Her.

I'll get my coat...
      Ouch Jamie........ You are showing your age now, you 80s child!

Ive only ever play played hitman 2 and 3. As i didnt own a PC when the first one came out, and blood money never came out for anything other than the 360 ( i don't do PC gaming yah see )

But if this new version gets a ps3 release, then id definatley be interested......... I quite enjoyed the film, even if it was panned by the fans.

I think my most memorable moment was in the second game where you had to kill a VIP and it turned out I was shooting a cardboard cut out or something lol............ Hitman 2 really suprised me back in the day. If Blood Money is as good as peeps on here make it out to be, thats another reason why i need a 360 lol........

Comment

IO are getting Kane and Lynch 2: Dog Days ready, they may just be getting help

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
          Ouch Jamie........ You are showing your age now, you 80s child!

Ive only ever play played hitman 2 and 3. As i didnt own a PC when the first one came out, and blood money never came out for anything other than the 360 ( i don't do PC gaming yah see )

But if this new version gets a ps3 release, then id definatley be interested......... I quite enjoyed the film, even if it was panned by the fans.

I think my most memorable moment was in the second game where you had to kill a VIP and it turned out I was shooting a cardboard cut out or something lol............ Hitman 2 really suprised me back in the day. If Blood Money is as good as peeps on here make it out to be, thats another reason why i need a 360 lol........

Blood Money came to the PS2 mate. It actually ran and looked ok on it too.

Oh, and if you enjoyed Hitman 2 and haven't played Blood Money, you are in for a treat. You can probably pick it up dirt cheap now.

Comment

Originally posted by Malc View Post
            Blood Money came to the PS2 mate. It actually ran and looked ok on it too.

Oh, and if you enjoyed Hitman 2 and haven't played Blood Money, you are in for a treat. You can probably pick it up dirt cheap now.
            I did not know that! NEED to source this game out on the PS2 then!

Thanks for the heads up Malc (who i always picture in my mind with the LBP avatar )

Comment

Originally posted by 112 View Post
              Thanks for the heads up Malc (who i always picture in my mind with the LBP avatar )
              Can't remember which LBP picture i used as my avatar?

EDIT: Oh, I think I had the one with the dragons head on.

Comment

I have fond memories of the 2nd game, used to spend ages on each mission to ensure total stealth and doing it without a single alert, remember there was a big fuss that the original release had muslims/hindus on one of the levels and you could kill them (the game also had innocent bystanders you could kill, where was the fuss about that!)

And blood money was also on original xbox i think, might actually pick it up on 360 tomorrow all this talk of it has got my interest piqued.

Comment

Originally posted by booth83 View Post
                  I have fond memories of the 2nd game, used to spend ages on each mission to ensure total stealth and doing it without a single alert, remember there was a big fuss that the original release had muslims/hindus on one of the levels and you could kill them (the game also had innocent bystanders you could kill, where was the fuss about that!)

And blood money was also on original xbox i think, might actually pick it up on 360 tomorrow all this talk of it has got my interest piqued.
                  It was a depiction of the Sikh religion's most holy site, I believe, (and perhaps killing people near/inside it) that caused the upset.

And yes, Blood Money was on the original Xbox (I have it; and it's good), and being early days of the 360, I don't believe it was much less graphically (I have a comparison video somewhere). I think the 360 had more people in crowd scenes, but not by a massive margin.

Comment

Right, ima hafta find an xblox one instead then!

I luv the sudden twists in the missions, and how the story evolves throughout teh game. Gotta admit though i didnt enjoy contracts as much as i did the second game.

Comment

In the Xbox 360 version you also get bullet holes in your suit if you get shot. Doesn't add to the gameplay, just for aesthetics.

Comment

Blood Money is definately the best onhe, up there with 2. It has the mix of being able to shoot everyone to death or stealth around the whole game without being seen.

Contracts was far too Shooty for me

It's still one of my proudest 1000/1000 acheivements

Comment

Hitman 2 was one of those stumbled across greats for me though I wasn't a fan of Contracts at all. I remember liking Blood Money but not thinking it was up to Hitman 2's standard. I'll soon find out though, the talk has got me going out today to pick up the 360 version too

Comment

Yay!

It is good to see that there is interest in Blood Money once again.

I love that game so, so much. Almost too much!

I hope we will see some in-game screen-shots as soon as possible please, or even an overly dramatic teaser trailer to show the general theme of Agent 47's new adventure.

I think I shall now consider buying this on pay day:

Comment

Not too bothered that their using a different developer for this tbh as I think IO can be a bit hit and miss with their games, although Blood Money was without a doubt the most refined in the series, the highlight for me was the bit with the bloke in FBI protection where he's holed up inside a house, there was just so many ways of doing that mission.

Thing that makes me laugh about this series is that everyone in them are complete dickheads, even the innocent bystanders, it's almost like their giving you a reason to bump people off without feeling guilty about it

Comment

Pharfetch, the mission is called 'A new life'. I exhausted every possibility on that mission, and I think it's the best level to show people what BM is like if they're new to Hitman.

Comment

Working...
                                X