Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Server and Performance (now with NimbusHosting from post #129 onwards)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ahem, anything odd in the last 5 mins was my fault. Sorry.

Comment

Bit slow and unresponsive about ten minutes ago. Seems to be working now.

Comment

I find the site's been really slow for the last week or so and is also causing my PC to labour very hard, now admittedly my PC is ancient but I don't have the same issues visiting other sites. The way my PC's fans start whirring, you'd think I was accessing post after post of high-res images. It's annoying.

Comment

Is this on the forum or the homepage please?

Comment

It's worse on the homepage but also happens viewing the forum too. I assume there's something going on behind the scenes of the forum since the recent updates and new features as it happens in threads that are text only free from any pics or videos.

Comment

Sorry about that. Not sure what happened yet. Mysql didn't restart - just started it manually.

Comment

I'm hammering the server with some indexing at the moment - nothing to worry about - it might be a little slow for a while.

Comment

Sorry about that - my fault. Pressed the wrong thing......

Comment

top - 22:03:02 up 78 days, 1:21, 1 user, load average: 0.33, 0.25, 0.19
                    Tasks: 153 total, 2 running, 150 sleeping, 0 stopped, 1 zombie
                    Cpu0 : 8.7%us, 1.0%sy, 0.1%ni, 84.8%id, 5.1%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.3%st
                    Cpu1 : 0.7%us, 0.2%sy, 0.0%ni, 98.7%id, 0.3%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.1%st
                    Cpu2 : 0.7%us, 0.2%sy, 0.0%ni, 98.7%id, 0.3%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.1%st
                    Cpu3 : 0.7%us, 0.2%sy, 0.0%ni, 98.8%id, 0.2%wa, 0.0%hi, 0.0%si, 0.1%st
                    Mem: 1048576k total, 969224k used, 79352k free, 14564k buffers
                    Swap: 1572856k total, 213296k used, 1359560k free, 542128k cached

Don't want to jinx it, but.... \o/
                    I'll crack open a bottle of fizzy water at 100 days.

Comment

That looks pretty good Charles. :-)

Comment

The forums been a little slow to load these past two days around 9-10pm, last night I couldn't get on at all for 5 minutes or so. Are there issues again?

Edit: Actually it seems okay now but the first time I tried it was a bit slower and certainly last night it ground to a hault. Might be my ISP I guess.
                        Last edited by FelixofMars; 20-01-2012, 21:31.

Comment

Did you get any error messages?

Comment

Virgin have been having some major issues recently. I think they are all resolved though.

Comment

Sorry no, I was expecting a timeout message TBH but it just seemed to be a blank page for ages so I tried to refresh and it did the same. It eventually loaded but it must have been exceeding what is normal.

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                              Did you get any error messages?

Comment

The homepage should load faster now, especially on mobiles. All the thumbnails are small now, instead of scaled original images, so it's just the slider that takes the bandwidth.

Comment

Working...
                                X