No announcement yet.

Are you balding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^ same for me. Mine's really thick - there are some lighter flecks in the hair that might be grey (my hair isn't that dark so it's hard to tell) but no danger of my hair going any time soon I don't think. Won't bother me when it happens anyway, I often have my hair at number 1 so I can just keep it there if I find it looks embarrassing.

Comment

Started losing my hair at a ridiculously rapid rate at 19. Thought I was going to be 100% bald by 25. It tormented me. It really did. But then it slowed down. My hairline receeded quite a bit and, since then, has just been getting thinner and thinner around the top. I'm 36 and have way more hair than I thought I would at this age. I'd far prefer to have a full head of hair but I'm not really all that bothered about it now.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
        Anyone balding needs to get to grips with the fact, shave that **** off, and join the men. Going through that process from having extra long hair can be hard, I admit.
        I had long hair most of my teens & up until my mid 20's. Was almost down to my arse up until I was 21. I only started to become concious of my hairloss when I was about 22 when some c*nts down the pool hall started making 'hairline' jokes to each other.
        Gradually the fringe got thinner n thinner, & by the time I hit 25 I was sick of the way it looked so I shaved it all off down to a number 1.
        It took a lot of courage to do that cos it was way past my shoulders at the time, but it had to be done so I put some Bad Religion on to get me hyped & just did it!!

For about 4 yrs it just looked like a shaved head but then got thinner so from there on in I just bicced it with a razor.

What annoyed me was that I used to take care of it & wash & condition it, not fill it full of chemicals & wax/mousse or straighten it, but I guess my father's f*cked up side of the family decided to pass this little 'gift' on to me earlier than expected. I still miss it to this day but I aint gonna cry about it.

As for that hairloss stuff, it just reminds me of those penis enlargement miracle pills that you can get, which don't work...............errrr..........apparently .

I did see a news article on yahoo about a miracle cure for baldness being just around the corner but didnt bother reading it.

Hey Alex WS have you thought about that Belgravia Hair Clinic thingy that I've seen advertised on TV?

Comment

My hair started thinning in my late 20s, got worse at 30 so I shave it grade one now. You got to go with dignity

Comment

nope, tons of hair here, very thick. my dad is the same at 52 so I should be ok for a while yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Ampanman View Post
              Started thinning at about 16 - though I had really thick hair albeit with a high forehead.

Over the years it's receded gradually, used to worry about it as for a young bloke it can be a concern but now with 47 looming later this year I couldn't give a flying, in fact I think I'd rather be completely bald to save me washing it twice a day.
              Haha. That was a very manly comment.

Maybe I'm trampy but I only wash mine every two or three days.

Comment

My hair started thinning a bit when I was 20, it used to get me pretty down until I just thought F it I'd rather just shave my head than let it go bald gradually.

Its still thick enough for me to grow back if I wanted to but I'm not fussed anymore, plus girls seem to like it shaved anyway.

Comment

I'm completly bald ontop my heads like a shiny egg lol

Comment

Been pretty lucky, still got a full head of thick hair at 36 (yikes, 36...!) with zero recession. Grey is a different matter, though, have had a gradually growing streak of white on my right temple side since my early twenties but it's now got fecking huge plus one's developing on the left temple, plus am noticing a 'wave' of white starting around my fringe, though the rest of my hair is still dark. Did better than my dad, mind, he went fully white in his twenties.

Hate to be saying this, but I'm seriously thinking of getting the barnet dyed and now would be the optimum time 'cos my hair still primarily looks dark and I still look (and feel) young...it's just it seems such a narcissistic and saaaaaad decision to make!

Comment

Dad's bald, and grandfathers on both my mum and dad's side were bald so I didn't stand a chance

Started thinning at the back at 20/21, which spread to the front by the time I was 25/26. Full blown baldness (from the back of the head to the front) quickly occurred after this time (coincidentally when I got married!) and now at 31 I roll with the grade 1 crew

You'd think modern science would have done something about this by now

EDIT: Have about 20 greys around the sides too.

Comment

22 with fairly thick hair here.

Going bald is one of my biggest fears so I really hope it doesn't happen any time soon.

Comment

My hairline is receding, judging by some of my cousins, it could recede quite dramatically before I hit 30 (26 at the moment). Lucky I didn't get the bald spot from my dad though, just got a slight thin patch from a childhood scar (head + glass door) but you have to actively look for it to spot.

My ginger hair goes uncontrollable and frizzy (despite it not being curly) when it gets long so I'm always forced to keep it fairly short. No greys but my hair is getting lighter.

Comment

Thin on top, so buzzed it at 6mm, down to 3mm, then no attachment.

Personally I like wet shaving it after that as it feels nice but is a PITA to do.

It's only hair and is at the whim of your unalterable personal biology. What will be, will be.

If you're thinking of getting down to Mori's Wig Shop, don't.

Comment

My hair is the same as Zidane's, on the first page.
                              No other cut would work tbh.

Comment

My hairline is fast receding. I do have an awesome widow's peek though, looks like the mcdonalds "M"

no sense worrying about it though. As far as I'm concerned, hair is just an inconvenience anyway. Who wants the hassle of combing it in the morning?

Comment

Working...
                                X