Are you balding?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are you balding?

...and if so, how do you plan to kill yourself?

No, seriously, are you having hair-loss problems? I have started to get thinner over the last couple of years. I still have enough hair to cover the head without it looking phony, but I feel like I'm getting there. Every morning I stare at my head while brushing my hear around, trying to increase its mass or something. Ordered Propecia from this New Zealand based web site. Only been using them for a couple of months, so I don't know if the effect is noticeable yet. Have heard it could easily take a year or two for it to start working. And it might not give you more hair at all, simply reducing your loss.

I know this was rambly, but that's how I get around this subject.
    Last edited by JSR; 19-05-2011, 15:06.

Yes I am. I blame it on the acid rain.

No point in trying to fight it, if you think that way you might be one of the people who ends up wearing a wig. And if you wear a wig in public once, you will never be able to take it off ever again.

Comment

I'm 41. Styarted going grey at 16 and I'm about 50/50 black and silver. At about 33 my hair started to receed. Receeded about an inch I guess, giving me what I think is called a widow's peak. Since then it's receeded no more and my crown is still intact. I keep it at a grade 1 so that as and when it does go on the crown I can just go shaved head without it looking too shocking!

Comment

What exactly IS a widow's peak? I imagine it to be the sort of 'do that Ming the Merciless would have, but I don't know if that's accurate.

edit - never mind - google has cleared it up for me:

This hair anomaly is a result of a lower-than-usual position of the intersection of the bilateral periorbital fields of hair-growth suppression on the forehead.
        Seems so obvious now.

Women get them too so it's not a baldness thing.

edit 2 - wtf, Ming the Merciless is completely bald!! That thing I thought was his hair was only a hat?!?
        Last edited by Darwock; 19-05-2011, 15:20.

Comment

Yes. I'm a baldy ****.

Anyone balding needs to get to grips with the fact, shave that **** off, and join the men. Going through that process from having extra long hair can be hard, I admit.
          Last edited by dataDave; 19-05-2011, 15:31.

Comment

Lol, this could become the best thread ever.

Imagine that but on a far less handsome fella. That's my hair. And more grey.

Comment

I'm losing my hair but don't consider it a problem. I mean, I ain't happy about it, I love my hair, but I've accepted that in another 5 years or so I won't be able to get away with the hairstyle I have now as it'll just look like I'm trying to hide it.

How old are you, Alex? When I first realised my hair line was receding I was pretty depressed about it, especially as I've had shoulder length hair all my life, but it's been receding so steadily (and thankfully slowly) for so long now I barely think about it. It's an inevitability.

Comment

37 soon, yeah mine is quite thin on top. Can't say I'm that bothered about it though, I just shave it on a number 1 all over.

Not worth getting upset or worried over, I'm married with a kid on the way now, my days of trying to impress girls has long gone, ironically like my hair

Comment

Originally posted by Charlie View Post
                  How old are you, Alex? When I first realised my hair line was receding I was pretty depressed about it, especially as I've had shoulder length hair all my life, but it's been receding so steadily (and thankfully slowly) for so long now I barely think about it. It's an inevitability.
                  I'm 24. Started to notice it about two years ago. It has been thinning rather slowly though, so maybe I should consider myself lucky. I used to dye my hear dark. But doing that now really shows how thin my hair is, so I'm letting it stay blonde. Looking at old photos I really miss the old look. But hey, maybe those magic pills actually works, and in a year or so, my hair is thicker than ever! (totally...)

Comment

Still got a full head of hair although there are a few grey strands appearing. My main issue is I have really thick hair, so if it thinned out a little, I wouldn't really mind.

Comment

Maybe we can arrange some sort of trade?

Comment

Receeding here, have been since I was 21.

Comment

Originally posted by Alex WS View Post
                          Maybe we can arrange some sort of trade?
                          Don't trade fammy's hair. When it turns up in the post you'll probably find it to be an ill-fitting wig from Hong Kong, with strands clumped together.

Comment

Started thinning at about 16 - though I had really thick hair albeit with a high forehead.

Over the years it's receded gradually, used to worry about it as for a young bloke it can be a concern but now with 47 looming later this year I couldn't give a flying, in fact I think I'd rather be completely bald to save me washing it twice a day.

Comment

I won't be balding, I have my mother's hair (not literally!). It's just starting to turn slightly grey around the edges. My brother on the other hand has my father's hair and that will start to thin out in time...
                              Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

Working...
                              X