The final quarter - Game releases Sept to Dec 2011

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The final quarter - Game releases Sept to Dec 2011

Looking around the web and upcoming games it seems like most of the massive titles will be dropping last quarter 2011. I do not game as much as I used to due to having a son, do time and money are being spent on better things.

However, I still play games! I have to manage my gaming time and money better and looking at the last quarter of the year I cannot fathom what I will be buying/playing. The amount of releases during this time is crazy! I can only play 1 game per month (due to time)

What games will you be playing from Sept to Dec? rule is you can only pick 5! I know I said I play one game per month but Gears 3 will be a short co-op game!

I looked through Alex's thread about gaming time but I think this deserves it's own thread

Aug 26th - Deus Ex: Human Revolution
    Sept 16th - Rage
    Sept 20th - Gears Of War 3
    Sept ?th - Driver - San Fransico
    Sept 30th - Dead Island (? gameplay aspects)
    Oct ?th - Dark Souls
    Oct ?th - Forza 4
    Oct 21st - Batman: Arkham City
    Nov 1st - Uncharted 3
    Nov 4th - Battlefield 3
    Nov 8th - COD: Modern Warfare 3
    Nov 11th - The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim
    Nov 15th - Assassin's Creed Revelations
    Nov - The Witcher 2
    Dec ? - ICO/SOC HD remake
    This Quarter - Legend of Zelda Skyward sword
    This Quarter - Anarchy Reigns (Platinum games)
    This Quarter - Resident Evil: Raccoon City
    This Quarter - Fifa 2012
    This Quarter - PES 2012
    This Quarter - Silient Hill: Down Pour

Now I can only choose 5 and the above does not include unknown gems and PSN/XBL games. What 5 would you choose?

1) Deus Ex (Sept)
    2) Gears 3 (Sept just co-op campaign for me)
    3) Batman (Oct)
    4) (Nov = AHHHhhhhhhh)
    5) Dark Souls saved for the whole of December

(just remember Zelda is due this quarter too....
    Last edited by 'Press Start'; 02-06-2011, 22:01.

1. dark souls
    2. uncharted 3
    3. the last guardian
    4. batman
    5. skyrim

Comment

That list makes me sad. Too many potentially great games.

I'll get BF3 for multiplayer - it's likely to be the Next Big Online Thing for me (unless Brink suddenly clicks, not looking likely atm).

Gears 3? Well I'll get it, but I'm not bowled over at the prospect of more online anger

Uncharted 3 is a definite

Skyrim depending on time. Will wait and see, maybe pick it up cheaper after Xmas when I can devote 60 hours to it.

Last Guardian - was sure this was bumped until next year, leaving Ico / Shadow HD for this period. In which case I'd get them.

Could happily of gone with other titles. Rage for example, being an id fanboy of old. Dead Island is such an unknown I've no excitement about it atm.

CoD can kiss my arse though, I've found I enjoy gaming much more if I stay away from that series

Comment

Given the lack of secure release details for July onwards I expect another flurry of changes and delays. From that list I'd say:

-Deus Ex - One of my 5
        -Rage - Meh
        -Gears of War 3 - One of my 5
        -Driver San Francisco - Won't be great
        -Dead Island - Maybe
        -Dark Souls - Nope, for huge DS fans only
        -Forza 4 - Will slip till 2012
        -Batman Arkham City - One of my 5
        -Uncharted 3 - One of my 5
        -Battlefield 3 - I think the console ver will hugely disappoint
        -COD Modern Warfare 3 - One of my 5
        -Skyrim - Wait as it'll be ?20 within 3 weeks
        -Assassins Creed - Boxing Day treat
        -Last Guardian - 2012 release

I'll end up buying everything bar Dark Souls anyway, lol

Comment

Deus Ex
          Rage
          Arkham City
          Zelda
          Uncharted 3

I'll probably also pick up BF3 and maybe skyrim if I decide I can invest some time into it. AC will likely get moved to next year for the PC and Last Guardian won't make this year either.

You also left off The Old Republic, Ocarina of Time and Starfox remakes, Resident Evil Mercenaries, Xenoblade, Duke Nukem Forever, Heroes of Might and Magic 6, Space Marine and Serious Sam 3! There are so many more that have yet to be confirmed for this year too...

Comment

Mine will be

FIFA 12
            Gears 3
            Uncharted 3
            Arkham city
            Dead island

And I can gaurantee the only one of them I'll play properly will be FIFA the rest will sit unplayed for ages befor I finally get the urge to play them

Neil

Comment

Wow. What an uninspiring lot.

Arkham City only for me.

Comment

There's a few missing... Silent Hill Downpour, Resident Evil Raccoon City, Lord of the Rings: The War in the North, Twisted Metal. I'll end up spending loads on games this year, there's a lot of quality games coming out.
                Last edited by Adam; 22-05-2011, 14:35.

Comment

Deus Ex and Guardian Heroes are the only games that interest me for the rest of the year.

Comment

Deus Ex
                    Skyrim
                    Dead Island
                    Dark Souls
                    Last Guardian

There's some other games that interest me but I will pick those up later on. These 5 are all must have's for me, with the possible exception of Dead Island since we don't know how it will turn out yet.

Comment

Out of that list, just Gears 3. And Zelda if it does make the end of the year.
                      Lie with passion and be forever damned...

Comment

List updated. Changed Last Guardian for ICO/SOC HD remake.

If any game is missing please provide a date so I can update the list. I cannot remember so many games in such a short period, it would be good to update the XBL/PSN big releases too! I might get around to it soon.
                        Last edited by 'Press Start'; 22-05-2011, 19:18.

Comment

Great list. Uncharted 2 is a definite, as is ICO/ SOTC.

Now, take a look at the wii pre order chart:

Cashback from over 400 brands all on one platform. Shop with Rakuten & stack offers with discounts, voucher codes and cashback for great savings at top brands.

Horrific!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Adam View Post
                            There's a few missing... Silent Hill Downpour, Resident Evil Raccoon City, Lord of the Rings: The War in the North, Twisted Metal. I'll end up spending loads on games this year, there's a lot of quality games coming out.
                            Forgot about that, definitely put me down for Twisted Metal as well

Comment

Well, technically last quarter would be October, November and December, but who cares.

My picks would be (in order from least interesting to most interesting):

(5) Assassin's Creed: Revelations (or Gears of War 3)
                              (4) Rage
                              (3) The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
                              (2) Batman: Arkham City
                              (1) Deus Ex: Human Revolution

Comment

Working...
                              X