Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carphone Warehouse Clearance Sale (1st gen iPad 16GB ?165)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Carphone Warehouse Clearance Sale (1st gen iPad 16GB ?165)

The clearance sale is going on right now. Just ordered an iPad 16GB from them.

Bear in mind it's the 1st gen(and Wifi-only, not 3G), not the iPad 2 but for that money, it's a steal.

Don't get scared if you can't see a 'buy' button - click the orange 'view all deals' and carry on. Be sure to uncheck the Geeksquad ?11.99/month thing!

Freakily, despite being posted on HUKD, they still have stock. Apparently. I did the deliver to store option.

The 32GB version is ?199
    Last edited by randombs; 26-05-2011, 12:31.

The site just died.

Comment

HUKD strikes again!

Comment

I decided to link directly to CPW instead of the HUKD one. Can't wait. I've barely used iPads since they first came out. I think my total time is about 5 minutes.

First thing I'm gonna do is install TouchOSC:

so I can pretend I'm Daft Punk:

I don't think it's the same price in-store but it might be worth a shot calling your local and asking...

Comment

Just done some ringing round to see if the Guildford stores have any and they're out. They said the closest place that has one is Croydon.

I know this is probably a dumb thing to say but should anyone be nearby and can grab it, I'd love to buy it from you. Or should anyone have purchased one in a moment of haste and got instant buyer's remorse, let me know.

I need it for game making!

Comment

I ordered an Archos 7c from CPW this morning in that sale for ?74.99. The 7c is latest version with capacative screen and 2.3 able. If anyone after a cheap tablet this is a great deal

Comment

are these this price in store too?..

Originally posted by chopemon View Post
              Just done some ringing round to see if the Guildford stores have any and they're out. They said the closest place that has one is Croydon.

I know this is probably a dumb thing to say but should anyone be nearby and can grab it, I'd love to buy it from you. Or should anyone have purchased one in a moment of haste and got instant buyer's remorse, let me know.

I need it for game making!

Comment

I'm pretty sure they are. There's a CPW right near my work and I was told they've had queues outside for a while today.

Comment

my local store is useless!.. took me repeating myself 3 times before he realised it was an iPad I wanted not an iPod..

you win some you lose some!

Comment

Did they actually have any?

I just looked at my order confirmation email and it actually says the order will be confirmed first, so it may not even go through

I'll have to wait and see but usually when these cool bargains come along I get shafted. I imagine they do that to not have to honour orders with incorrect prices but this was a proper sale. It also said maximum of 1 per customer so in terms of the legitimacy of the order, I'm in the clear.

Fingers crossed...

Comment

no stock and the other local store aren't answering the phone, they're open until 8, so I may fly down there and see.

fingers crossed for you billy!!

Comment

My order was canceled

Never mind!

Comment

outrageous!..

was it a pricing error?

Comment

I wouldn't be surprised if it was a pricing error - they usually are, aren't they? According to some posts on another forum, they honoured orders made before 12pm. Mine was made at 1:30 so if it wasn't an error, there's a chance the stock level wasn't accurate.

If it was a pricing error then I'm even less fussed about not getting it but they haven't put the iPads back on the site at a new price or anything.

Comment

hate it when that happens...

Comment

Working...
                              X