No announcement yet.

Playstation 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the launch build up has been really quiet, we were out last night and talking about games in general and no one knew the PS4 was even coming, don't get me wrong they are not hardcore gamers, but they all have PS3's and do buy games fairly regularly.
    I guess we are still over 2 months away, but I would have expected to see a bit more about it in places other than gaming sites, which I never really read anymore, only if linked from on here.

Read a fair bit about the new xbox, article on it in several papers, inflight magazine last week and in some home mag for women in the dentist the other day. Can't think of anything mentioned about the PS4 anywhere.

Comment

Things have been a lot quieter about PS4 but then again that could be a good thing, everytime I see a mainstream article about XBO it's a negative one. Once the release date is set we might see more promotion from them both.

Comment

Originally posted by J0e Musashi View Post
        Sony are different. No Ridge Racer, Japan not the launch region. SCE sold out.
        All humour aside I'm not sure the lack of Ridge is a problem. They know that xbox poses no threat in Japan so can afford to wait in that region. From my limited understanding of the industry Sony seem to be doing things right.

Anway, you sold out. Nintendo indeed. .. tsk tsk.

Comment

I'm a bit confused about the PS4 launch. It seems people are saying how much they have it right but from what I can see it's only in comparison to what MS have got wrong. Ultimitely it's got no stand out exclusive launch titles

they have the hardware launch spot on but if I'm certainly not desperate to play any of the games.

MS have cocked up a lot but I still want to play Dead Rising and Forza. Not sure I can say the same about Killzone and Driveclub. After playing the previous killzone games I've never been anything but disappointed and not sure I'd trust a studios first effort in Sim racing ( unless anyone knows any different, I havne't dug too much into their history )

Just feels people are exited for the PS4 because sony havent got anything particularly wrong yet ratehr than being excited because of what they have done right.

Comment

I think it depends on what the gamer wants from the machines. They come out at a time where for once both look to get solid third party support from the off so its easy to roll the usual game hype onto the new systems especially for games like BF4 where the new systems have a clear advantage over what the current ones offer. The transition to the new systems also looks like it'll be quick for new games too so a lot of the first year drought factor can be negated for jow. Then there's the exclusives, they aren't megaton titles but Killer Instinct looks to be riding the nostalgia train well, Forza is a safe bet despite not wowing and so far Killzone looks to be getting the best first impressions of any next gen day one exclusive.

There's enough goof small cogs to piece together the good vibes I think, things would have likely been even more pumped if MS had been competitive with Sony too instead of making so many epic fails.

Comment

Yeah I'm not that interested in any of the PS4 exclusives at launch so I'm going with the Xbox One first for Forza and Dead Rising, but admittedly I'm most hyped for BF4 if only so I can play 64 players on a new console. So really, its telling that the third party games are the stand outs and I think ACIV and Watchdogs are also looking great.

Other than that what I'm most interested about with the Xbox One launch is what's going on behind the scenes. The new match-making, dedicated server support and all this smoke about cloud computing. I'm interested to see what it all amounts to first hand.

I'm interested to see how the PS4 stacks up in comparison.

Comment

Originally posted by FSW View Post
                All humour aside I'm not sure the lack of Ridge is a problem. They know that xbox poses no threat in Japan so can afford to wait in that region. From my limited understanding of the industry Sony seem to be doing things right.

Anway, you sold out. Nintendo indeed. .. tsk tsk.
                It's a problem for me! Also, I can't even buy an import unit because they won't exist when everyone else is playing with a domestic unit. The only Japan/Asia region launch date I've heard is "New Year", so I'm going to have to wait. No way I'm having X as go. No ****ing way. Hopefully it's out when I go to Hong Kong in January.

My Wii U is a stop-gap, the same as my dreamcast was.
                Kept you waiting, huh?

Comment

Working...
                X