No announcement yet.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep
    I figured the man who managed to come up with concept twists for sequels like Aliens and Terminator would do so again for this, something that would expand or drive it in a new direction to justify his many-films plan but it never came.

Comment

"Avatar 2" Script Was Split Into Two Films - Dark Horizons
      Apparently the plan to make three sequels became four when they determined that there was simply too much plot in Avatar 2 so shunted everything back and added another film in the middle because of, you know, all the plot

Comment

"Avatar 3" To Have 'Ash People' Na'vi - Dark Horizons
        **** me

It was a joke but Cameron is actually making the Avatar films this basic in construction. Whilst the new film is literally Avatar: Water Edition the next one will actually be Avatar: Fire Edition with yet another tribe's worth of screensaver content on the big screen with the big twist being that as these Na'vi are heat oriented and fire = bad, so are they.

Comment

According to the visionary director, 'The Way of Water' will "easily" pass the break-even point at the box office, and now he "can't wiggle out" of making more sequels.

Cameron locks himself in for Avatar 4 and 5 now that 2 has made $$$

Comment

It's pretty much any RPG but Zelda specifically. Ooh Death Mountain next!

I assume we will get rock people in 4.

Comment

It’s a shame it wasn’t all HFR. It felt like playing a 60fps game that has 24fps cutscenes.

Comment

Overall we enjoyed it. I’d much rather have this than more IronWank/Captain Wank/Incredible Wank/Wank/SpiderWank/BlackWank/Doctor Wank/Wankers of the Galaxy.

Might even be tempted by a second viewing, seeing as it’s cheap enough here and my wife foolishly didn’t book the Atmos screening.

Comment

If I could tangibly get my hands on HFR

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                    Overall we enjoyed it. I’d much rather have this than more IronWank/Captain Wank/Incredible Wank/Wank/SpiderWank/BlackWank/Doctor Wank/Wankers of the Galaxy.

Might even be tempted by a second viewing, seeing as it’s cheap enough here and my wife foolishly didn’t book the Atmos screening.
                    I think I missed the film 'Wank'.

Comment

Be glad you didn't watch it in a 4D screen!

Comment

Originally posted by Neon Ignition View Post
                        If I could tangibly get my hands on HFR

I just watched Dune (the remake) on Netflix, some of that looked way too smooth and as a result looked wank. I'm guessing that's a movie that uses HFR in parts.

Comment

Originally posted by Yakumo View Post
                          I just watched Dune (the remake) on Netflix, some of that looked way too smooth and as a result looked wank. I'm guessing that's a movie that uses HFR in parts.
                          Errm. I’m not sure they shot any of that in HFR. Sure you don’t have some form of interpolation running on your telly?

I agree, interpolation needs to die in fire, however HFR is not interpolation, and serves a great purpose when the action speeds up, especially with quick-panning shots which blur out far, far too much on some films.

Comment

Originally posted by dataDave View Post
                            Errm. I’m not sure they shot any of that in HFR. Sure you don’t have some form of interpolation running on your telly?

I agree, interpolation needs to die in fire, however HFR is not interpolation, and serves a great purpose when the action speeds up, especially with quick-panning shots which blur out far, far too much on some films.
                            I don't think so. I went through all the options to check but didn't see anything like that.
                            I also have the Filmmaker option set to on. This will automatically switch the TV in to 24 fps mode. None of my BlueRays look strange but Batman (newest one) and Dune via Netflix both looked too smooth in areas.
                            I also noticed that while the Witcher was perfect throughout both seasons, the making of is running at a higher frame rate.
                            I wonder if this is Just a Netflix thing? Amazon Prime doesn't seem affected and even shows the notification that the TV is running in Flimmaker mode. I'm using both internal apps on my LG.

Comment

Had a check and Dune doesn't use HFR, they filmed it using digital then worked on it to present it with a filmic look so it may be an inconsistent effect of that process.

For me, in Avatar, HFR was better than in Hobbit but largely only because of Hobbit using more live action elements and Avatar is more dependent on trying to maintain a very clear 3D image. The effect of it breaking immersion with the rest of the film jarringly and making its scenes it look uber fake is a steep, steep trade off for any very minimal if any gains.
                              Last edited by Neon Ignition; 11-01-2023, 22:24.

Comment

I did dislike it when it switched back and forth between HFR and standard. Why would they do that? I don’t think it made the CGI look any more fake, it just made the regular shots more jarring on the eyes.

Comment

Working...
                                X