No announcement yet.

Steam Summer Sale. June 30th-July 10th (2011) *ended*

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steam is the ultimate destination for playing, discussing, and creating games.

Day 10,
    Never Winter Nights 2 Platinum - 5.09?
    Hitman: Blood Money - 1.49? (other Hitman also 1.49?)
    Sam and Max: Season 1 - 4.24?, Season 2 - 5.49?, Season 3 - 6.24?. All three 8.74?
    Duke Nukem Forever - 14.99?
    Terraria - 1.49?
    POST APOCALYPTIC MAYHEM (**** yeah!) - 1.49?
    Dead Space 2 - 9.99? (DS1 - 7.49?)
    Portal 2 - 14.99?
    Supreme Commander 2 - 2.49?
    X: Superbox - 9.99? (individual X games 75% off)
    F1 2010 - 6.79?
    Prince of Persia (2008) - 3.74? (other PoP's 75% off)

I presume tomorrow will be a best sellers recap like previous sales.
    Last edited by Bort; 10-07-2011, 17:12.

Comment

Sweet, Terraria for ?1.49 bought. Can't download it though because the Steam Servers are too busy, it's only 16mb lol.

Comment

Anyone played X? Looks decent from the videos, was going to get it it says 4.99 on the store page but ends up being 9.99.

Got Terraria as well.

Comment

I think X is ?4.99 for just the newest game in the series X3: Terran Conflict, for ?9.99 its the superbox which includes the four previous X games as well.

Comment

Bought Terraria for ?1.49 (75%) off as well. Absolute bargain and at some point I'm looking forward to playing it. I notice it's now only 50% off, so quite a few unhappy punters on their forums about this price change in the daily sales.

Have also bought a few other games; The Empire/Total War, Heroes of Might & Magic 5 pack, Magicka, AI War, King Arthur Wargame DLC, Audiosurf and Foreign Legion. And in terms of tickets managed to get to 17. Wouldn't mind closing out with 21, but some of the tickets; easy ones like Altitude or even the harder Hoard have for some reason I've not been able to do! Doh. Will have to see how much time I get today.

Re the question above, I'v tried X3:R and X3TC and have struggled getting to grips with both for any significant time. Of the two I'd jump straight into Terran Conflict personally because the interface is much better. I think if you have the time and patience there is a great/epic game underneath the difficult learning curve, poor documentation, absence of tutorials and hideous interfaces. You will inevitably be visiting the Egosoft forums (loads of stuff there) for help, further information if you decide to take the plunge. At ?4.99 X3TC is a bargain though.
            Last edited by Digfox; 10-07-2011, 10:30.

Comment

Originally posted by Zero9X View Post
              Anyone played X? Looks decent from the videos, was going to get it it says 4.99 on the store page but ends up being 9.99.

Got Terraria as well.
              I tried. I got the retail Superbox for Xmas. I spent two evenings on it, and just could not handle it. It's massive, overwhelming, and confusing as ****. But maybe that's just me. I want to get into it, and one day I'll return. I think you need a serious time investment to get over the vertical learning curve. It needs some structure, you're just dumped into the game and off you go.

I downloaded a few beginners guides to get me started. One day....

Comment

From what i've seen it does look like Eve Online without the structure. Hmmm decisions decisions.

Comment

X3 is great but kind of hard to get into. Make sure you check out the games forums for start out guides because it can be very overwhelming.

Comment

http://store.steampowered.com/

Day 11,
                    Battlefield Bad Company 2 - 5? (Vietnam - 3.40?)
                    Borderlands GOTY - 7.50?
                    Two Worlds Two - 8.50?
                    Portal 2 - 14.99?
                    GTA 4 Complete - 6.24?
                    AssBro - 14.99? (AssCreed 1 - 3.39?, AssCreed 2 - 5.09?, All three - 16.99?)
                    Fable 3 - 14.99?
                    Fallout New Vegas - 8.99? (DLC - 2.24? each)
                    Sanctum - 2.49?
                    The Witcher 2 - 23.44?
                    Dawn of War Retribution - 7.49?
                    Magicka - 2.71?
                    Terraria - 2.99?
                    Just Cause 2 - 3.49? (DLC 75% off, Just Cause 1 - 1.99?)
                    Shogun Total War 2 - 17.99?

To aide the leechening -

didimatic.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, didimatic.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

Last edited by Bort; 11-07-2011, 16:53.

Comment

My total spend in this Steam sale was... ?1.74.

Comment

The damage wasn't too bad this time:

The Longest Journey + Dreamfall
                        Eschalon: Book I
                        Nikopol: Secrets of the Immortals
                        Winter Voices: Ep1
                        Winter Voices: Those who have no name
                        Still Life Collection
                        Magicka
                        Civ V Gamersgate Retail

Also got gifted:
                        Sanctum
                        Frozen Synapse

Comment

Just watched the Quick Look of Frozen Synapse and wish I'd picked it up earlier in the sale - anyone left wanting to go halves? ?6.32 by Paypal gift and I can send the second key.

Comment

Last chance to grab teh bargains, looks like it finishes at ahem 6pm ahem.
                            Time Gentlemen, Please! and Ben There, Dan That! Double Pack 74p!
                            Last edited by Family Fry; 11-07-2011, 11:13.

Comment

Working...
                            X