10 year service present at work !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Fader209 View Post
    Ah nice one! Where is it that you work? Sounds like they know you well enough to get something decent
    I am a development team leader for a small company called perfect image. They do know me well as there is only about 35 of us in the whole company, but my boyfriend also works there so he was there to put out the ideas

Comment

this is quite an irk of mine at the moment, i have an employee handbook somewhere at home which i now can't find stating that for 5 years you get given ?250 (it was bonus bonds i got back then, has since changed to cash) and 10 years = ?500, I sent an email to HR asking what my date was as it's due this year only to be told it's now ?250 for 10 years, never seen any notification of this and i suppose they can do what they want, but it's annoyed me quite a lot, considering there's been no pay increase for 3 years and they've ducked out of paying me any bonus for 2 (despite working my arse off and hitting every target they asked of me).

Comment

After ten years service I got an additional holiday and the same again for fifteen years service. At twenty five years years it is ?500 of vouchers for somewhere like M&S and dinner at a posh eatery with all the other long service peeps. I think I would rather have an extra day off for the long service reward.

Comment

I joined MCS in September 1994 and almost to the day in 2004 they made me redundant. I missed out on the long service award. I did get 3 months notice, then company car for those 3 months, redundancy and a payment on top. So worked out to around 12k in the end.

Also forgot they let me keep the laptop (which was sh1te) - which was ebayed, but also kept my toolkit.

Nice to get something though Wicky (not that I can see it at the moment)

Comment

I think I get an extra day of annual leave after five years of service to the glorious Great British institution that is the absolutely NOT badly-managed multiple multi-manager NHS with all their management, all their managers, and the managers of said managers, all managing.

After ten years service, you get gangraped by giant, cackling ? signs with top hats on, plus they spit caviar in your eyes upon ejaculation.
            Last edited by JazzFunk; 20-07-2011, 08:12.

Comment

I creamed in just before I left the RAF as they had recently introduced a 'retention bonus' which although wasn't part of my contract they decided for some bizarre reason to give it everyone who qualified.
              I ended up receiving a few k which was nice given the pay at the time was not that great.
              At my current company I received ?250 for 10 years. We do get extra holiday days outside of this so by the 10 year point it is an additional 3 days.

Comment

Originally posted by JazzFunk View Post
                After ten years service, you get gangraped by giant, cackling ? signs with top hats on, plus they spit caviar in your eyes upon ejaculation.
                This reads a bit like a Radiohead lyric.

Comment

repost of piccie as some say it ain't working

Comment

Think it might have been a forum issue last night as there was less replies when I posted last night. Anyway nice service award

Comment

What!! they gave you a PAL 3ds, i thought they liked you Just kidding thats a pretty awesome gift. All i got here in the NHS was a few extra days holiday but at the moment with the country as screwed up as it is im just glad i have a job, although the 33 days holiday a year certainly help.

Comment

I've been in my company for almost 10 years but have received nothing. Not even a bloody pay rise. My company sucks balls. I'm leaving next year to start my own school anyway.

Comment

I'll hit 14 years in November but haven't got a single gift or anything like to show for it

Comment

I am quickly approaching 5 years of service where I am currently. Everyone making it this far gets a hamper full of goodies (couple of decent bottles of wine, some nice cheeses and jams and things), but getting it out of the building is like running the gauntlett without someone commenting "You've been here how long!?". At ten years I believe it's a choice of weekend breaks for 2 at some nice country hotels etc. Not bad, but I'd sooner have a 3DS

Comment

I just passed 10 years a few weeks ago and all i got was 1 poxy extra days leave, but had a pay freeze for 2 years straight.

Comment

Wow nice award, I'm on 8 years curently. I think the only thing I get at 10 is an extra day's holiday every year.

Comment

Working...
                                X