New features after site upgrade

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
    Is it possible to stop the auto save feature from popping up the "are you sure you want to navigate away" dialog? It's really starting to grind my gears as I navigate quickly into and out of thread sometimes.
    I agree, its happening all the time. Very annoying.

Comment

Extra buttons are back in the quick reply box now. I haven't bothered with the youtube one because the vbulletin video tag works better (you just paste the entire url in and it does the rest for you, instead of having to strip out the number).

Comment

Originally posted by Stoppy2000 View Post
        I agree, its happening all the time. Very annoying.
        I've checked an it only happens to me if I type something and then navigate without posting it.
        Are you saying it happens without typing something?

Comment

Sometimes I've already posted the contents and somehow I end up back and forth in the thread, being stopped by the dialog box. I'm not sure what use the warning is...?

Comment

I also get that warning if I click "Post" and then go to another tab/window while I'm waiting for it to post. It says I'll lose the changes but it posts anyway

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
              Extra buttons are back in the quick reply box now. I haven't bothered with the youtube one because the vbulletin video tag works better (you just paste the entire url in and it does the rest for you, instead of having to strip out the number).
              Only problem with that, the new style tag means videos don't show on IOS devices, whereas they would with the old one.
              Dunno if it's the same for other phones

Comment

Originally posted by charlesr View Post
                I've checked an it only happens to me if I type something and then navigate without posting it.
                Are you saying it happens without typing something?
                I've just had it happen to me when the quick reply box was empty.... Makes me a sad panda.

Comment

Bummer. Are you able to reproduce it every time? Or is it random? I can't make it happen unless there is text.
                  What browser etc?

Comment

I don't know how it comes into being. FF6 and OS 10.6.8.

Is there not an option to turn that off and keep auto-save on?
                    Last edited by egparadigm; 24-09-2011, 15:32.

Comment

I'm not sure. I'll dig around.

Comment

Originally posted by monomaniacpat View Post
                        I've just had it happen to me when the quick reply box was empty.... Makes me a sad panda.
                        Just to add that I have this pop up too randomly even when not typing in the reply box.

Comment

According to the bug tracker on vbulletin (http://tracker.vbulletin.com/browse/VBIV-12548) this should only happen if something has been typed (and the 20 second autosave refresh has not yet occurred), or if AJAX fails. It works fine for me, so I'm wondering why it's failing for you guys.

Can anyone else confirm that this function IS working properly for them (i.e. only see message if they have unsaved text entered?)

There is a workaround which I could put in place which disables the message completely. I'll research the impact of the workaround a bit first though. I hate workarounds.

Comment

It only happens occasionally, so it may happen for you or anyone at a random time.

Comment

I'm on here a lot though
                              I feel your pain though. Will try and sort.

Comment

I want to add that I've NEVER seen this box. Haven't even got a "pop-up blocked warning" either. Using latest Opera on Win 7.

Comment

Working...
                                X