X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ha, give it ten years and I'll say:
    "I wish there was just one streaming service, rather than eight!"

Then shortly after, I'll say:
    "I wish Disney didn't own everything and I have to pay what they ask if I ever want to stream a movie again."

Comment

I’m not sure we are still waiting for the first one - the vast majority of films seem to be on Amazon Video now.

As much as it’s immensely convenient though, it sucks because, yeah, you don’t own anything when you buy from there. Just a license for repeated streams.

Comment

Recent pick-ups

Comment

Nice @Atticus. Your Blu collection must be dope.

Really like the look of that Dazed and Confused, I’ve been eyeing that myself. Great film.

Comment

New releases this week ...

Comment

If I went to your for a movie night, we'd spend the whole time just looking at the shelves, than choosing!
              What a great selection!

Comment

I suppose I'm back in the groove of watching films more than gaming these days. And I do purge the collection on occasion, selling anything I'm unlikely to watch again.

Comment

Basically my films breakdown to:
                  Kung Fu (especially Hong Kong Legends)
                  3D Blu-Rays
                  John Carpenter
                  Other all-time faves

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                    John Carpenter
                    His films are like the White Album to Tommy Lee Jones' character in MIB ... every new format = guaranteed (re)purchase

Thinking back to owning them on VHS and the quality they are now is unreal. In fact, for all the availability of streamable content, I think it's a great era for physical releases. Some of the releases publishers put out now really celebrate a film, with well made extra content, booklets, etc. It reminds me of the old days of going to the arts cinema and getting a printed sheet as you went in with info on the film/maker/actors/etc. It just adds another layer.

Comment

bit OT, but is anyone here using a Darbee 5000s in conjunction with their panel, for 1080p bluray? Managed to pick up a fairly cheap one and it makes a really nice visual upgrade at low settings.

Comment

Finally got Hell Drivers on blu Fine recommendation from [MENTION=5011]vanpeebles[/MENTION] a few years back ... one of the best British films I’ve ever seen ...

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          Finally got Hell Drivers on blu Fine recommendation from @vanpeebles a few years back ... one of the best British films I’ve ever seen ...

Top hand picking there! The League of Gentlemen has just come out on blu ray too, I expect you to be buying that too

Comment

Nice article on alternatives to Amazon:
                            If you’re looking to buy your physical from somewhere other than Amazon, there are options – these ones, in fact. Appreciating that this site uses Amazon links to help pay the bills, consider this our latest effort to burn a boat that we’re reliant on sitting in. But still: it’s little secret that one of ... The places to buy DVDs if you’re fed up with Amazon

I mainly buy from CEX 2nd-hand, though.

Comment

Few recent pick-ups

Comment

Originally posted by QualityChimp View Post
                                Nice article on alternatives to Amazon:
                                If you’re looking to buy your physical from somewhere other than Amazon, there are options – these ones, in fact. Appreciating that this site uses Amazon links to help pay the bills, consider this our latest effort to burn a boat that we’re reliant on sitting in. But still: it’s little secret that one of ... The places to buy DVDs if you’re fed up with Amazon

I mainly buy from CEX 2nd-hand, though.
                                WTF are DVDs?

Comment

Working...
                                X