Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by teddymeow View Post
    Yeah.

Why buy a 9 film boxset for 4 1/2 decent films?
    I liked them all myself and more than happy with the new transfer and new sound.

Comment

Other European countries are getting the Star Wars movies to buy individually so I’ll probably import the good ones.

Recent arrivals -

Last edited by CMcK; 22-04-2020, 19:04.

Comment

Very nice. I’ll be getting on the 4K Blu train soon. Excited.

Comment

I know not every film has a 35mm original negative or even a 4K or greater digital intermediate to base the UHD version on but the addition of HDR is the best thing to happen to films and games for years.
          It blows my mind to think that directing legends like Kubrick never got see how good their films could look.

Comment

Originally posted by wakka View Post
            Very nice. I’ll be getting on the 4K Blu train soon. Excited.
            If you TV supports HDR its well worth it .

Comment

Pick up the Japanese premium bluray version, which is supposed to be one of the better versions that hasn’t been DNR’ed to death

Discover the magic of the internet at Imgur, a community powered entertainment destination. Lift your spirits with funny jokes, trending memes, entertaining gifs, inspiring stories, viral videos, and so much more from users.

Comment

I've got the new 4k Rollerball LE arriving from amazon.de this weekend. I was properly looking forward to it but apparently it's a botch job with out of sync audio and other issues. Has anyone ever returned anything overseas to amazon? Just wondering what kind of hassle to expect?

Not sure whether to return or hold on to it and hope the publisher replaces the discs

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                  I've got the new 4k Rollerball LE arriving from amazon.de this weekend. I was properly looking forward to it but apparently it's a botch job with out of sync audio and other issues. Has anyone ever returned anything overseas to amazon? Just wondering what kind of hassle to expect?

Not sure whether to return or hold on to it and hope the publisher replaces the discs
                  If you got of Amazon it's self, I never had an issue .You just lost on the shipping costs to send it back .

Comment

^^^ Cheers buddy. I might just have to take that hit ^^^

Comment

Possibly not relevant but I had to return to Amazon Japan and it was fine, customer service was helpful. They even refunded the full £70 I spent on shipping it back via DHL as the return was due to a defective item.

Stating the obvious, but contact them and they will guide you as to what to do.

Comment

Thanks [MENTION=5490]wakka[/MENTION] ... I suppose it’ll be down to whether they’re aware of a manufacturing/production defect.

Comment

Originally posted by Atticus View Post
                          ^^^ Cheers buddy. I might just have to take that hit ^^^
                          I had too, but Amazone USA gave me a full refund no issue, just wouldn't cover the posting. It's very handy how all these UHD BluRays are region Free .

Comment

Yeah UHD Blus being region free is really cool.

Has anyone ordered the Japanese Akira 4K that came out today?

I'm very tempted to pick it up as one of the first discs for my new setup, but I might wait on reports to check it's not DNR'd into oblivion, as some people on Blu-Ray.com expressed fears it might be based on previous anime Blus.

Pretty pricey too at £75 del from Amazon JP, but look at it! It's beautiful!

Comment

That Akira UHD looks very nice ... might wait and see what those reviews say

Comment

Okay, the official Capelight statement on the Rollerball mastering problems is they’ll be sending out replacement discs in around 6 weeks ... so I’ll be keeping hold of this ...

Comment

Working...
                                X